#VeteranOfTheDay is daily blog post and VA’s way of honoring those who have taken off the uniform after serving in the U.S. armed forces. VA is happy to highlight those still serving – after they leave the military.
The posts run at 11:30 a.m. on https://vaww.blogstest.va.gov/VAntage/. The posts then run on VA’s Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/VeteransAffairs), Twitter (https://twitter.com/DeptVetAffairs) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/deptvetaffairs/) at 12:30 p.m.
How to submit
Here’s a helpful guide to submitting someone for #VeteranOfTheDay.
For photos, please send the following:
- Three to five original, high-resolution and in-focus photos in .jpg format. At least one of these photos should be in uniform. Please do not send .pdf files, screen shots or photos of photos. We need the best photos to create a graphic worthy of honoring the Veteran.
- When sending photos, please avoid anything that would constitute endorsement of a product.
In an email or a Word document, please send the following:
- Name, branch, job and years of service.
- Include all assignments, deployments and campaigns.
- Please note any notable awards, such as a Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart or higher.
- Please send any interesting anecdotes about the Veteran’s service and what the Veteran is doing now.
- If the Veteran passed away, please indicate that information. If the person is buried in a national cemetery, please let us know the Veteran Legacy Memorial page so we can include that link.
You can send all of the material to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, put “[Veteran’s name] for Veteran of the Day.” Please include as much of the requested material as possible, as it is necessary to complete and publish a Veteran of the Day.
Every Veteran is worthy of recognition. Thank you for helping us honor those who have Borne the Battle.