VA is steadfast leading the way in President Joseph Biden’s Jan. 22 Executive Order to deliver economic relief to Americans amid the COVID-19 crisis by addressing economic hardships the Veteran community faces during the ongoing pandemic.

Through no fault of their own, our Veterans and their loved ones continue to face economic hardship due to the pandemic. I want to assure Veterans, their family members, survivors and caregivers that we are doing everything we can to lessen their burden and worry.

Effective today, VA will extend the existing moratorium on evictions and foreclosures until March 31, 2021. VA borrowers experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 can review VA guidance for borrowers or call 877-827-3702 for additional information.

VA is also looking for immediate ways to help over 2 million Veterans maintain their financial footing by exploring options to ease the burden of federal collections on compensation and pension overpayments, and medical- and education-related debts.

VA will provide updated information and guidance for Veterans at va.gov on this effort as soon as possible. VA is focused on lessening these financial hardships for America’s Veterans. We will continue to work with our partners in Congress and Veterans Service Organizations to honor our Veterans and their families by providing care and benefits they earned and deserve.

Published on Jan. 29, 2021

1. Kristen West February 24, 2021 at 2:20 pm

The VA is a bunch of shady crooks who could care less about Veterans. My husband is a 50% disabled Veteran. He’s been receiving his disability for 10 years now.

During the height of Covid in 2020 he was contacted and told his monthly disability was being taken to recoup separation pay from 2011. He explained that he’d lost his job and that losing his full benefit would put a huge hardship on his family. Not to mention, the Bill that apparently says this is legal also states that they should’ve recouped that before he was ever given a disability pay. However they’ve waited for 10 years to do it. I’m sure it’s because he was trying to increase his rating and this was retaliation.

My husband has PTSD and has not received the proper care or rating for such. Then the slap in the face was taking his compensation. He appealed it, he brought up the Havens Act as well as the fact that VA Debt collection is supposed to be suspended through September 2021. That didn’t stop them.

With an appeal and all of the federal laws in place, it shouldn’t have been taken. The VA rep who so candidly called him last year to tell him they were taking his monthly pay, admitted it was a clerical error on the VAs part as to why this wasn’t done before hand.

We are now seeking an attorney because there is such an egregious amount of abuse that it’s criminal. To not even allow us to try and keep 1/2 of his disability is ridiculous. Like I said, he has PTSD and is suicidal. I’m sure that the VA could care less than stripping him of his income in the middle of a pandemic just exacerbated his condition. If he were to take his life then all I would hear is that he should’ve told somebody and that the VA cares.

Watch out service members, the VA is just another corrupt facet of the government. You are a number to them and they could care less if you died today. As a matter of fact, I believe they would rejoice if you did. One less Veteran to pay. They treat you like you are asking for welfare when you are just asking to be compensated for the mental and physical damages the United States Government caused.

I hope our attorney is a shark that exposes this corruption. I hope it changes this archaic policy that is in place to screw Veterans and their families.

• Kristen West February 24, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Additionally, I am contacting every media outlet I can. As somebody who has an education in Mass Communications I will ensure the VA is exposed with every public entity that I can muster. And I have a knack for getting on the news and speaking with congressmen.

• Paula James February 25, 2021 at 6:24 pm

Contact the VA now. President Biden has something in place that may help. This is an excerpt from the article about them stopping the repayment for overpayments.
        Veterans and beneficiaries with questions regarding benefit overpayments can see frequently asked questions, go online to submit requests or call 800-827-0648. Call volume is generally lower Tuesday-Friday.

2. Michelle McLean February 18, 2021 at 6:52 am

My father was suicidal, we were sent to the Washington va center and was sent to a little room because he was crying so hard. We sat and sat and sat because we had been forgotten. If it hadnt been for the kindness of a nurse who was on her way home who knows how long we would have sat there. The doctors saw how bad off my father was, his psychiatrist had called ahead to say he needed to have a room ready on the mental ward. We were there 12 hours. They left for 71 yr old father hysterical sitting in a chair, begging to lay down, he was discharged frown the airforce, , because of his bad back, i finally had to get up in arms that he would be taking a room that was finally empty. The medical people kept saying they didnt want him in a room alone because he could kill himself!!! I am his daughter!!!! I never left his side!
    When my father did finally make it to the “fourth” floor he was told only one of the mens toilets worked, there was no toilet paper and half the showers were down.
    Infuriating!!! These men protected our country!!!! Why could no one go to another floor and get some dam toilet paper or maybe each personnel bring a freaken roll in?!
    My father learned through being in group that almost half the men, after working up the courage to call the hotline to call for help were either put on hold and never had anyone get back to them, they just kept hearing that music play and play. Or, someone told them to give the operator their number and someone would call them back and these poor souls would wait by the phone in their suicidal state and no one ever bothered to call. I too have been suicidal and iat times that might have just been the thing to bring me right over the edge!!!
    How can these things happen to our hero’s!!
    Men and women. Women who have been raped and have reached out for help only to have silence once again.
    My failure is that i didnt know what to do or who to talk to about what had happened. I failed the people that were left and those that were yet to be there.
    I only hope by writing this someone who DOES know can help

3. Caregiver February 14, 2021 at 12:19 pm

The VA is giving my 100% disabled veteran (ALS) the vaccine which is great. However, why are only caregivers in the Comprehensive Caregiver program being offered the vaccine? Neither I nor my children are able to get the vaccine. However, there will be no one to take care of my husband if I get sick. I worry so much what will happen to him if I am no longer able to take care of him. Also, we applied for (and was denied) the caregiver program due to my husbands service date. We are told we have to wait until 2022 before we will be eligible. Yeah, right. He is in the late stages of ALS, and is a complete quad and totally ventilator dependent. I can’t believe that we are being denied simply because of his date of service.

• Elizabeth Anne Kaffitz February 17, 2021 at 7:19 pm

If you weren’t there, your vet would have to go to assisted living or a nursing home. The VA would have to cover that. It’s a whole lot cheaper to pay you. And your vet would be with the people he loves and in surroundings he is comfortable with.

It makes no sense. My vet is 140% disabled. He’s 78, diabetic, and has chronic kidney failure, and chronic heart failure. His VA medication list has 32 scripts. He can get to the bathroom with a walker, but usually uses a urinal at his bedside. When we go anywhere that requires any walking, I push him in his wheelchair. He is on a lot of painkillers, someone has to be there to administer NARCAN if he stops breathing, or glucose tablets and orange juice if his glucose gets too low.

His service dates are all right, but we were still denied the Comprehensive Caregiver status, too. Why? The things I do for him are not at the required level of care. They are “normal wifely duties”. Both his clinic nurse and our social worker–the people who know how much care he receives from me–urged me to appeal. I’m 77 and should be getting the vaccine too. It makes no sense for me to wheel him to his vaccination site, but not get vaccinated.

My vet would need assisted living, too, if I weren’t here.

And, for the record, my vet is getting far better care through the VA then he had with his old family practicioner.

4. Kent Grant February 12, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Having been a disabled veteran since I was discharged from the Marine Corps in 1987, I have had plenty of time to observe the services of my local VA facility.
    Services fluctuate from almost non-existent to exemplary, and no doubt this can be heard from any random vet making use of their military service benefits. There have been times when I saw veterans laying on hallway floors in some kind of medical distress and, whether it was to get attention or not, hospital personnel ignored them. As for my own experiences, during the periods of extreme turnover in medical personnel, I spent an entire day in the emergency department lobby, with a shattered kneecap, fractured femur, both wrists broken, and was sent home to return the following day. So I did, and it was a rough night waiting to get some meds for the pain and eval for surgical repair. The VA ended up sending me to a civilian hospital, where I was treated quickly and sent home pending surgery.
    On the other side of the cycling quality of service and access to much needed medical care, my local VA campus has been a top notch facility, showing the same quality of service and ongoing care as necessary for my medical issues. To me, problem identification is missing from the administration level and down to the front line worker.
    It could be due to the politicized nature of our whole country, emphasized by major media using the power of mass communication to control how people treat each other. Maybe there are budget problems most of us vets aren’t aware of because very few people take the opportunity to study the complex documents.
    I have no answer for my clinic hiring doctors that last a couple months before they quit and move on to a different employer. Perhaps they have similar issues with the pay they receive, or how they are used and/or treated by hospital administrators.
    In any case I have plenty of sympathy for all my fellow veterans AND plenty of empathy for VA personnel who are often overworked by their overwhelming number of patients in need of services.
    Ultimately, there are people responsible for the big picture we’re subjects of, but the majority of people do not educate themselves of the very real existence of the small group of ridiculously and historically wealthy families who benefit from every war, and by design, remain unkown and therefore immune to any negative consequences of their profitable, multigenerational practices.
    Perhaps it would be better to work together for an ending of all tribal warfare and the wildly profitable business of “forever wars” our country’s politicians and corporate leaders benefit from.

5. Kevin Clauson February 11, 2021 at 1:51 am

I’m 100% disabled veteran, talked to the VA about the “low rate loans” that they hand out pamphlets about at the VA hospital in Fargo ND. In my mind a low rate would be 1.9% at the most, the VA wants 8% and the loan, which can be up to $10,000, paid back within a year. After covid started my position that I held as a part time caregiver, art studio supervisor and woodshop supervisor at the ND Veterans Home Care Facility was suddenly eliminated with covid being the reason. They wouldn’t even let me apply for other positions to train into and they refused to accept my application for my boss’s position when I found out she quit, even though I have Vets preference and experience, the person they hired wasn’t as qualified.
    Throughout the fall I was sick off and on, but when I went to the ER or tried to make an appointment at the Fargo VA I was told that I’d have to wait until after the pandemic because they weren’t taking new appointments. Was turned away from the ER a couple months ago because I had a cough and they said since I had covid symptoms I had to go home and quarantine. I didn’t have covid, I cough occasionally because I have tumors lining my larynx that flare up occasionally and cause a sore throat. The next time I went to the ER they wanted to send me home again but I refused because I was in too much pain. I asked for a MRI of my injured shoulder because I am constantly losing feeling in my arm and sometimes can’t move it from the shoulder down. The doctor refused, he said all I need is an x-ray and muscle relaxers. Then they did a covid test. I asked if they could do the oral test, the nurse didn’t even respond, she put one hand on my forehead and pushed my head backwards then shoved the swab in my nose until it started bleeding. And she made my shoulder injury even worse after she forced my head backwards over the top of the chair. I’ve called to try and see about the covid vaccine, I’m only 41 but have COPD, suffered sudden cardiac arrest and have a heart arrhythmia, had collapsed lung twice, sleep apnea, in 2015 I suffered a stroke as well as numerous TIA, in 2017 I was bedridden for a month and sick for over 4 months with hantavirus, yet they tell me I’m not eligible for the vaccine until they are ready to start the last group. They also said I might be one of the veterans that just won’t get the vaccine because there won’t be enough and not to worry because my health conditions aren’t on the ND state health dept list of underlying conditions, because they use a different set of conditions than the CDC uses. They also told me I’m too young to be in a high risk category.
    Here in ND Veterans at risk are not being vaccinated fast enough, but every single judge, prosecutors from all county asst states attorney offices, political donors, wealthy business owners, and most in government offices have been, no matter how young or healthy. I’ve even tried to get some assistance with groceries from food pantries and the farm to family program but keep getting told the town I live in is too rural and they don’t go out that far to help. It’s BS that even after dying and being brought back to life while serving for this country, as well as being sexually assaulted by my unit 1st Sgt and then harassed by others in the chain of command (including the chaplain), I can’t even get something as simple as a vaccine or a MRI or basic help from the VA when needed. And then people that are useless and destroying democracy, like kevin cramer, are going to receive a 6 figure salary and benefits for the rest of their lives, it’s pathetic.

• Isha Deol February 12, 2021 at 8:34 pm

Hi Veteran Clauson,

Thank you for sharing your story on this forum. I hope you get the justice you deserve and live a life of health and hope. I am writing an essay on young veterans who undergo injustice and I plan to share your story.

Best wishes,
      Isha

• JJ prater February 18, 2021 at 9:53 am

Wow!… I have only recently started reading these posts and blogs on updates newsletters etc. because personally I don’t like to air out dirty laundry in a public forum that personally believe there are several different sides to every single person story including our government and the Dept Of Veterans Affairs… I will say that’s an incredible story and I won 110% sympathize and support you on your journey to gain and accomplish the things you are needing, asking for, and obviously those things mean a lot to you and veteran to veteran nothing but respect… However, please make no mistake this is not anything argumentative or negative towards you personally and your situation but your opening statement was you are 100% service-connected if I’m not mistaken and from your story I couldn’t disagree rightfully so… But please try to remember One thing from a former brother in arms and current disabled veteran I don’t think I need to post how many veterans we have in our country right now just trying to get 10% service connections whom many times deserve much more.. I personally believe it’s a fair statement to say that there are Numbers into the hundreds of thousands of veterans in this country right now that Are unfortunately recipients of so much less than they TRULY deserve..I mean Any more it seems like almost every single blog, post, opinion, statement etc. are so negative, ungrateful, and simply just insanely tyrannical, and even worse I’m not an expert on statistics once again but I can confidently say that more often than not, I am personally astounded to read or listen to IMO 80% of these comments on this site and other various private, public, or governmental websites that there are so many, “self-entitled” veterans Whom generously dispose did they are 100% service connected for one reason or another not me to judge, and of course those who are 100% service-connected veteran’s typically no I understand and fully realize the extent of what that entails monetarily specifically, all the additional health care benefits Most other veterans are privy to and endless resources, relief, grants etc. etc. etc. and yet I can count on one hand how many blogs I’ve read over the last 15 years that sounds grateful thankful and just truly honored to get the benefits that they have received. And obviously I am certain there’s been more positive things than I could possibly fathom I can only speak for what I’ve personally experienced.. and please please do not mistake my comment as any specific remark to your comment specifically I’m saying this is an a generalized statement it saddens me and as I said before I truly sympathize for your case but I would be remiss if I didn’t say I would much rather read comments about how to get resources how to get these benefits how to get The equally deserved benefits most everybody on here already gets bit maybe take a minute to advocate for some of those who don’t offer some information help someone find their way to get those benefits I’ll pray. For you I don’t know why after reading your post I felt compelled to speak my own personal thoughts and feelings!?!.. I genuinely wanted to take a rare opportunity and be sincere with my words… Not hurtful, hateful, disrespectful, negative, disheartening or anything related to those words I wish everyone on the site or take a moment to even read what I said the best of luck I truly believe every veteran deserves so much no matter what their circumstances were and/or are currently and although I have very little to contribute on resources for benefits financial or any kind of help I am one of those veterans that are looking myself so please no matter what we are going through stay positive help each other Maybe phone that pot of gold that I see has reached a lot of veterans that’s for sure

6. Bob Mesna February 10, 2021 at 8:54 pm

Since the VA has established an order of vaccine distribution, why can’t it be published for each VA medical center? Lets start with how many need the vaccine, what the categories are, then what category is up next for vaccination; and have an update of what percentage has been taken care of; then when the next category of shots begin; what percentage has been taken care of and then on to the next category. This business if saying just wait and we will call you doesn’t provide much help and information.

To add a postscript, I’m a veteran and was starting my 5th year as a VA volunteer and did whatever I was allowed to do to help in a clinic. There wasn’t anything I was asked to do that I wouldn’t do. I also did word processing, Excel spreadsheets for nurses and volunteer time reports for the clinic director and other staff. Also took about 16 online courses and passed them for the Million Vet Program. Called and sent emails and could never get an answer when or about program startup. So even if you work at the VA, they don’t respond. Then needed a new ID card to continue to use the VA computers. Mind you, this did not include medical records. They dragged this out for SIX MONTHS and never did get the ID card with a chip that worked. Made a 42 mile round trip each time I volunteered, but after 6 months of this nonsense, I quit. I am so sorry and dismayed to read all that is screwed up. I know whatever I did as a volunteer, I know it helped with the operation of the clinic. I hate to say it, but some people in the VA need to be fired for not responding, returning calls and the general don’t care attitude they have. Later I went to volunteer at a hospital doing front desk guest services. I hated leaving volunteering at the VA providing assistance where needed that helped fellow veterans.

• SANDY JAMES February 11, 2021 at 11:23 am

Everytime i see a news release or blog on how the veterans admitt and elected officials are commited to assisting veterans
      with hardship issues and commited to allowing veterans to go outside the va for health care, my blpood pressure hits the roof
      and may i mention i am a disabled female veteran with a aortic heart valve prioblem so my blood pressure needs to be stable.
      My husband who is a service connected disabled veteran and has been recieveing compinsation for that ingury for 30+ years
      did not recieve his febuary direct deposit and no one in regional office or anyone else can tell him “WHY” or any explanation
      at all in ref to this matteer.And the Veterans Admitt has caused this hardship to us and did not feel it nessary to contact us either by mail or phone.We found out when our bank contacted us because the two bills we had set up to pay automaticaly out of that deposit could not. one being our life insurance.So start the insane process of trying to find oput why.As of today Feb 11 2021 no one can give us an answere. And here is the kicker, my husband has been trying for last 15 years to get an increase in his service connected ingury we find out by accident that he got it on Jan 2 2021 and would of been on this check.
      that we still due not have and due not know if or when we will. So i dont beleave anything anymore, we i due think they due not care if he lives or dies either way, he is a diabetic on insulin and nutrition is extreamly inportant. WE ARE HUNGRY
      I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW THIS CAN EVEN HAPPEN BUT IT HAS, AND N0 ONE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE F0R THIS, WE WILL BE EXPECTED TO ACCEPT WHAT THEY TELL US AS TO WHY WHEN THEY GET THAT ANSWERE GOD KNOWS WHEN. AND I DONT CARE HOW YOU SPIN THIS IT IS NOT RIGHT IT IS SO VERRY WRONG.

• Joe February 12, 2021 at 5:10 pm

Which Regional office are you under? Did you call the main number?

• John Mann February 12, 2021 at 7:03 pm

1) You are not hungry . Stop lying !!
        2) The mix up was when the check increased .
        3) Call a hospital social worker or the Honor Center in Gainesville Florida .
        4) The VA center in Tampa Fla. will help you also .
        5) When your check increases it could take 6 to 8 weeks to get a updated check . This is what savings are for .

• Nathan Jackson February 15, 2021 at 6:35 pm

You should consider yourself lucky. They didn’t just take everything from me. My health my life my family my friends too. My mentally disabled daughter and 4 infant babies will need some one to take care of them. I will be on the streets soon and dead. My private insurance just added another $26k medical expenses for her and the newborns. Oct. 15 I spent a month in ICU. Lost large intestine, plus kid went off meds. and ended up in LA. Nut house. Babies are in foster care. And now I find out (5 years later), I have several diseases and cancers, brain damage and much more. But I actually thought a doctor would mention problems like this. Not hide it from me

7. Kenneth R Bugge February 10, 2021 at 4:51 pm

I have had nothing but trouble from the VA. There lies, inconsistencies and lack of common sense, which combined with some of the medical professionals incompetencies, have made my life a living nightmare. I have recorded all phone calls and most appointments because I have very little hearing in one of my ears and have extreme trouble hearing and understanding what is being said. I have constant tinnitus and migraine headaches. I am 90% handicap with peripheral neuropathy with no feeling or control below the knees along with a host of other problems. In late 2017, i had a colonoscopy with serrated polyps and should come back for a follow up in a year to a year and one half. It is now going on over 3 1/2 years and I am still waiting. They have cancelled several times. 4 months after the colonoscopy the VA doctor called and said It was important I come in and have one done. My response was “no I do not want now it is too soon.” This is just a very minor part of I have been thru Such as in 2018, the VA cut me off cold from citalopram, For 10 years I was taking a 40 mg dose once a day. read and see what the warnings are for just 20mg dose. I didn’t know what the consequences were until about 2 weeks later when I really felt weird and researched it . .

• Nathan Jackson February 15, 2021 at 5:57 pm

As a veteran with an honorable discharge and two tours of duty during war I was never never able to get even the simplest medical treatment I crawled out of boot camp pissing blood with crippled feet they didn’t do anything for me the doctor told me to go AWOL. Find a store and buy something for my boots. Runners hemotobeula, he said. It’s only your organs getting bounced around. That’s why it only happens after hard exercise. I said that it got twisted and now food digestion feels restricted. I pointed at the spot 4 inches below my belly button. I was right but no one would listen. 25 years later I decided since I’m going to die any day now I’ll take my primary care physician with me. o I went down to grab him by the throat and when I got halfway across the top of his desk he okayed the colonoscopy finally. That was 2016. I have been trying since 1999 to get McCullian Dr. Tito Tamguilig to just do his job. I also paid for private insurance (over $700 month). Sutter health care Dr. Manjourn. I gave them both two years of lab work and begged for colonoscopy they both put me through every test they could but not what I needed and even with CT and MRI results that confirmed the spot four inches below my belly button. I spent over $46k 6 months medical leave of absence. They both wrote nothing found needs to eat more veggies. Me, the x-ray tech., and Dr. Manjourn’s secretary all admitted seeing the images and called me and said they see the clog that I was talking about. Still nothing. You people don’t know how lucky you are. The torture and pain, mashed, severed, and damaged body parts and organs that I have to live with now. My insides leak. Diseases and cancer growing all over. I was tortured, molested, raped and murdered at Roseville Sutter hospital (endoscopy). trying to get my private insurance to do their job. I woke up in the middle of it choking desperate for air I couldn’t move I couldn’t see I couldn’t do anything I never fought so hard in my life to stay alive to scream to move as they tortured me over and over what hurt the most wasn’t all the kids standing around laughing at me or the doctor doing his game it was the brain damage I still can’t talk about that and it’s starting to affect me. BAD… I wanted to heal up and fight this. That was 2016 after VA. finally did colonoscopy that private insurance took credit for. No one said anything about cancer or diseases or dead intestines nothing nothing about my liver pancreas colon intestines I was somehow internally castrated a little bit they act like I can’t feel anything and play dumb. Dr manageren with my private insurance wrote in my medical records go to the VA doesn’t want to go to the VA and this is the fifth one I showed it to my VA doctor what a joke he looked at it he looked at me and said so what else brings you in I told him I said you know I’m 10% VA and I don’t get no health Care from you guys

8. Lisa Ann Stergios February 6, 2021 at 5:30 am

After intently reading the posts to the VA acting secretary, I am outraged and discusted that my comrads in arms, citizens of this country, are being ignored and blantanly subjected to medical, financial, homeless and hopeless crisis by the government, Ii served to protect, its system, congress and the states. These are atrocities of a nation and the cause of all the most vulnerable in dispare . A ilack of accountability and oversight, greed, power and depravity. The same vulnerable citizens, government officials swear and promise to protect, are economically and medically challanged in poverty in the richest country in the world, and not . No reaction to their cries. Our veterans have been used and abused and are suffering with no protection, no assistance, and no compassion for human life or dignity even in the mist of a global disaster. The entire country is corrupt and all the morally decent citizens should be in fear. We have had all the resources to aid the elderly, the sick the suicidal, the victums, the homeless, the children and our veterans. Oppression and torture of a countries vulnerable is depravity. Violance, greed and power has infiltrated our entire democratic system.. freedom and rules of law. What will save us all.

• Sandra james February 11, 2021 at 9:29 am

I have a very hard time reading this article and all the good its claiming to due for veterans. My service connected husband who recieves a compinsation check for that injury for the last 30 years fought 10 years for an increase and finaly got a 10 percent increase. And here is the kicker, it was increased on jan 2 2021 we had no idea untill his febuary check was not deposited. Our bank called us because we have 2 bills that directly come out of that deposit and could not. We had no idea why, so we start the process of trying to find out only to be told they did not know why. No one could tell us why tbere wasnt a deposit.they could confirm all infor in ref to it all way up to deposit at that point an audit was put in to atempt to get an answere, so first the deparrment of veterans affairs has caused us an extream hardshipwith absolutly no explanation as to why.are bills did not get paid and to be honest when ee tryed to explain why they didnt beleave us. We are disabled both of us, we are hungry, and will be in an eviction time frame now. So im sorry but thus crap about being commited to helping vetersns with hardships excuse me butt THEY HAVE CAUSED OUR HARDSHIP AND THEY WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLY, WE WILL BE EXPECTED TO ACCEPT WHAT EVER ANSWERE THEY GIVE US WHEN THEY GET IT AT THERE PACE AND SPEED. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH ABSUTY NO REGUARDS TO THE VETERAN THAT THERE NOT GIVEING HIM HIS MONEY NOT A PHONE CSLL NOT ALETTER NOTHING. AND WE STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANYTHING EXPLAINING. MY HUSBAND IS A DIABETIC ON INSULUN HE HAS TO EAT. THEY PUSH VETETANS INTO SUCIDUAL THOUGHTS. BUT TO HERE THEM TELL IT THERE COMMITED TO ADDRESSING SUCIDES IN VETETANS. I DUE NOT BELEAVE IT.

9. Albert J Oneto February 3, 2021 at 10:26 pm

With regard to the VA deferring “Co-Pays – I too didn’t know that co-payments were being deferred until I received a notice in November that co-payments were going to be billed again in January 2021. I cannot find out how much I owe (I believe it is in excess of 450$). I have searched through both the VA.gov and MyHealthyVet and I am stymied that i cannot find a link or way to find out what my total is…However one gets to that issue the linkage should be made easier.. I would also need to enter into a payment plan as my SS (after monthly expenses) is equal to what i owe…..

• David Winfrey February 10, 2021 at 4:25 pm

I don’t know how to find out what my “deferred” copay amount it either. I didn’t receive a bill in Jan 2021 as was promised. Any further info out there ? Thanks for any help.

10. Max Eli Small February 3, 2021 at 8:18 pm

Another big topic to talk about is the stimulos covid payment ..The politicians have cut off disabled adults to include veterans from getting the payment if the have been claimed by family members for tax their taxes…Why is this?..Is it just because someone claimed the older or disabled person as a dependent?..Well the powers that be failed to take into consideration that the person being claimed still has living expenses that have to be paid..Medical,groceries,rent .and other neccesary expenses that we need money for….Just because the person has been claimed as a dependent should not make that person ineligible for the covid payment…Especially disabled veterans….Max Small

11. Sal Scolastico February 3, 2021 at 6:31 pm

Who was the VA thinking they were helping by deferring all Co-Pays since last April and now billing us with one big bill?
    I just got a bill in the mail for over $500.00 ! That wasn’t in any way a help, it’s a back breaker.

• Gordon February 10, 2021 at 3:32 pm

That is spot on! But, what did you think would happen? Did you think it would be done smartly and efficiently? It’s the federal government. Compare the V.A. Website to a civilian private company website. One is fast, easy to navigate and effective, the other is the V.A.

• eric ryks February 10, 2021 at 3:40 pm

I was told that you could make partial payments if you wanted to. Check on it.

12. Janet L Corey February 2, 2021 at 2:41 pm

You know what woud really help many veterans struggling financially due to covid-19? Waiving, NOT deferring, co-payments from those required to pay them. I did’t know that co-pyments were only deferred until I got a notice in November that co-payments were going to be billed again in January 2021. And we would be billed for ALL of the co-papyments deferred after April 2020. In my case, that is almost $1,000 (3 hospitalizations and 1 surgery, 8 medications/day) and it would have to be paid within 30 days after billing.

• Charlotte de Nemours February 10, 2021 at 7:16 pm

No way! I paid $33k over the course of 2018-2020 due to an overpayment by the VA on my single income. If I can do it, while going through a divorce solely on SSDI and a 100% rating then so can everybody else. Just put on the big girl panties and quit expecting a handout.

13. David Apperson February 1, 2021 at 1:36 pm

I was hospitalized last year with a punctured lung … but I am only 61 … but rarely leave my place of residence. Do I still need to wait for someone to call me ???

• David Apperson February 1, 2021 at 4:03 pm

In regard to Covid-19 that is …

• Veterans Health Administration February 3, 2021 at 3:22 pm

Please wait for us to contact you about getting a COVID-19 vaccine. For more details on your local VA health facility’s current plan, find your facility’s website. https://www.va.gov/find-locations/?facilityType=health&location=39.93%2C-74.96&page=1&serviceType=Covid19Vaccinehttps://www.va.gov/find-locations/?facilityType=health&location=39.93%2C-74.96&page=1&serviceType=Covid19Vaccine On the facility website menu, go to Health care services, then COVID-19.

• Patrick Perault February 4, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Common sense is not factor for the CDC. The bad thing about large organizations the Government is they can’t alter the rules period. I’m 64 and 10 months old with a history of TB, five collapsed lungs, a thoracotomy to remove a bleb that was causing the collapses, and manually scraped my lung and chest wall to bleed and get them to grow together. But I couldn’t get a vaccine while a perfectly healthy person two months older could get it. At one time, people age 16-64 with serious medical conditions were next in line for the vaccine in Alabama, then suddenly it changed it to join the rest of the bureaucratic government rules of having to be 65 and older. Good luck to you and you and your mental health. I know the fear you feel and i pray for everybody with medical problems that would cause them to be unable to survive COVID-19 if they contract the virus. If you’ve got a bunch of sick people that they won’t vaccinate and instead vaccinate healthy people, what’s that tell you about their true reasons for the rules as they are? Reminds me of that movie Soylent Green. Keep searching for sources outside the government because there are people out there that have compassion and common sense to process the facts and give it to people who have the highest chance of death. Just don’t wait on the government to come to your aid, their not allowed to vary one inch.

14. Leonard Hodgeman February 1, 2021 at 1:10 am

I can’t get anyone to tell me anything about getting a COVID-19 vaccine. The links I am told to click on takes me in circles. Sometimes I have to Resign in.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 11:21 am

Hi Leonard, while working with the CDC and other federal partners, VA developed a phased plan to benefit the most people. Under this phased plan, VA has began vaccinating health care personnel – as they are essential in continuing to care for patients throughout the pandemic. VA is also vaccinating Veteran inpatients in Community Living Centers and Spinal Cord Injury and Disorder Centers in addition to qualified designated Family Caregivers participating in VA’s Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers. Please wait for us to contact you about getting a COVID-19 vaccine. When you can get a vaccine at your local VA health facility, we’ll contact you. If you have questions, we encourage you to follow the link to get the information you need: https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/

• Caregiver anyway February 5, 2021 at 9:24 pm

Why is the VA allowing ONLY the registered caregivers for the vaccine when you make it so difficult to actually get into the caregiver program? There are so many TRUE caregivers who are not registered as a caregiver through the VA’s viewpoint, because the VA states under their guidelines, a veteran doesnt qualify for the program ….yet their spouse is still providing care to that veteran and it would be detrimental if that caregiver were to get sick and no longer be able to care for said veteran? They are still caring for our precious veterans that CLEARLY need help whether the VA wants to recognize them or not …,example . A veteran who suffers from severe dementia and is a safety risk to himself, the VA says he doesn’t require enough help to qualify for the caregiver program? How is that even possible ?? Who are the people that are making the determination of who does and doesn’t qualify for the program ? Are they doctors who are highly educated and knowledgeable in the care and supervision that A disabled veteran with dementia requires 24/7 ? still the program has steadily dropped current caregivers stating they no longer qualify when CLEARLY they do!! As of 2018 how many caregivers were registered through the program and how many are there now? I don’t think that just because a veteran with dementia who can still brush their teeth and feed themselves should not be automatically disqualified without taking the entire scope of the dementia or mental capacities into consideration.. is there anything being done about this ?

15. cynthia nyeche January 31, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Loma Linda haven’t let my 85 year old dad know when the availability for a shot flu or covid, we have many care givers visits, we would like to know soon? Today 1/31/21 this facility response is very slow

Cynthia Nyeche

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 11:38 am

Cynthia, VA Loma Linda is vaccinating Veterans as quickly as possible in accordance with CDC risk-stratification guidance. If your Veteran is enrolled in VA and is 65 and older and would like to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, please call (909) 825-7084 extension 5085. Staff continue to reach out to eligible Veterans to schedule their first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccine. https://www.lomalinda.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp

16. Carl Rodkey January 31, 2021 at 3:50 pm

P. Young…hope you get an correct answer. My dealing with the VA has been very poor. Officer that worked on the flight deck gets Agent Orange. I with 31 operations I get nothing. Many good people work there, but they are not in Washington. A decision is made by someone at sometime.
    Last July I was tolded there was no record of me serving in Vietnam.
    I would like to thank my civilian Doctors for keeping me alive.

C. Rodkey

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:29 am

Thanks for reaching out, Carl. For assistance with this and other benefit related matters, please reach out to VBA Support at 1-800-827-1000. Alternatively, if you’d like to connect with someone from a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, you may find them here: http://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

17. Janice Hubbard January 31, 2021 at 2:01 pm

My husband was a100% disabled vet I had to stop working 4 yrs to take care of him. I have applied for benefits I think i should be entitled to because he was killed in an accident dec1320. I did everything yard household errands cooked cleaned bathed fed clothed him Kept his meds straight and took him to all appts. His income was all we had. Am i not entitled to recieve help?

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 11:50 am

We are very sorry to hear about your loss, Janice. As spouse or a family caregiver of a Veteran who has died, you may qualify for health care benefits. Since you mentioned you have already applied for benefits, we recommend you call 1-800-733-8387 to ask about the status of your application: https://www.va.gov/health-care/family-caregiver-benefits/champva/

• Sandra Clark February 3, 2021 at 11:29 pm

I have an appeal with the BVA.7 years fighting for my DIC.Married 36 years to disabled Veteran.When is this nitemares going to end.

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:31 am

If you’d like to speak with someone regarding your DIC issue, please contact VBA support at 1-800-827-1000. Additionally, if you’d like to connect with someone with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, you may find them here: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

• Michael Huddleston February 15, 2021 at 2:01 pm

I have been fighting with them since 1971 and still nothing happening in the right direction, all I can say is good luck and don’t let them get away with not helping us…keep up the fight, I know how hard it is but don’t give in…

18. Gary Meriwether January 31, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Got my first 29th Jan. It was Moderna at Lou Ky VAMC

19. Randall Keith Canady January 31, 2021 at 1:40 pm

I was informed with a letter from the VA this month that they need to recoup 33,000 plus dollars that I received from Military Draw Down back in 1992. I was Mobilized with my Army Reserve Unit after 911 and stayed Active until I Retired in 2009. That money was taken back on a monthly basic and was paid in full. Why now after Retiring and finally receiving benefits from the VA they are saying the they have to recoup that money AGAIN? I would greatly appreciate if someone can give me some feedback. Thank you.

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:48 am

Covid-19 Debt Relief Options are available in VA, visit https://www.va.gov/debtman/ for more information and contact information. For further help and if you’d like to speak with us regarding your debt, call 1-800-827-1000. You can also connect with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance and it’s always free-of-charge. To find a VSO representative: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

20. Chad Albee January 31, 2021 at 1:27 pm

I call BS on the article. The va is the most difficult adversary a vet will ever face. You can meet criteria for certain benefits and they still try to deny you.

21. Thomas kat January 31, 2021 at 1:20 pm

Very little help for disabled vets. How about ending co-pay and stop deducting the VA hospital bills from my disability check and eliminatING my student loan dept, also being deducted from my social security, ad well as deducting my SRB payment because I was ousted a year early on a medical discharge. It’s all lip service and business as usual.

22. Jerry Anthony January 31, 2021 at 1:19 pm

Case was started in 1983.

Wrongful discharge for 2 cancer operations same place. Code 5329
    No back pay for service connected disability! 1983
    Back disability should be at least 50% not 10% .
    Malpractice: VA Anthem clinic AZ… 1151 for denying medical treatment for service connected disability…result permanent facial scar 4 inches!
    PHX VA denies, stalls, ignores code & military documented evidence!!!

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:54 am

If you’d like to speak with us regarding your issue/about claims, call 1-800-827-1000. You can also connect with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, free-of-charge. To find a VSO representative: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

Visit/contact Phoenix Regional Office directly to request for assistance, https://benefits.va.gov/phoenix/

23. Emily Nack Harris January 31, 2021 at 1:09 pm

What I don’t understand is for spouses, like myself, who have husband’s that are 100% service connected disabled, we had to stop working to care for our husbands. Therefore, our own retirement is significantly lower than it would have been if we didn’t need to quit work early to care for them. Yet the VA for years has the survivor’s spouse only receiving a small dispensation after our disabled husbands pass. They have never even added a COLA to this. So how do they expect spouses who have cared for their 100% disabled husband afford to pay their bills once their husband has passed. We gave up our financial security to care for our disabled husbands. Please advise and help.

• Carolyn Fricke Spencer February 3, 2021 at 8:08 pm

Lokk up this program The Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers. You probably qualify. There is also a monthly payment for the caregivet while the VET is still alive. Make sure to apply for both VA Widows benefit and SS spousal benefit. You can get ss $$ now too.

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:44 am

If you’d like to speak with us regarding your issue/about VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (VA DIC), call 1-800-827-1000. You can also connect with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance and it’s always free-of-charge. To find a VSO representative: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp.

For more information about DIC, visit https://www.va.gov/disability/dependency-indemnity-compensation/

24. Jerry Anthony January 31, 2021 at 1:08 pm

You need to fix some things now not later.
    1. War time pension deducts Social Security! Social security is a PAID benefit. Pension is an award and $12,056.00 a year is way below poverty! WTF
    2. Disabled Veterans that qualify should be getting the full SNAP amount $374 + kids… NOW! DES in AZ says My wife and I retired & on the poverty pension get $73. Now how do you live on that? WTF
    3. My VA claim 28108761 originally started in 1983 and the Phoenix Veterans Affairs denies, changes or ignores their own military codes. 10% for back injury in 1970 with also NO back pay? WTF
    4. Wrongful discharge for 2 cancer operations in the same place 1972! Suppose to be 100%! Code 5329 please read! I have discharge docs/medical records
    but the PHX VA denies, stalls, asks for the same info over and over. WTF

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:34 am

We’re sorry to hear that, Jerry. If you’d like to speak with someone regarding the items listed above, please contact VBA Support at 1-800-827-1000. Additionally, if you’d like to connect with someone from a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, you may find them here: http://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

25. Gerald Puckett 22 January 31, 2021 at 1:02 pm

I’m a homeless veteran living at the Salvation Army in Louisville Kentucky. I had covid-19 I need some help thank you God bless you

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:54 am

We’re sorry to hear that, Gerald. Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness can reach out to the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID-VET to talk confidentially 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For assistance with benefit related matters, please reach out to VBA Support at 1-800-827-1000.

26. Jay Moss January 31, 2021 at 12:29 pm

How about the VA just does their jobs. I have called 8 times just to get a copy of a letter sent to me for an apportionment letter. I have been waiting for almost 6 years on an appeal for TDIU in which i have submitted three letters from Doctors and tons of evidence that is overwehlming yet somehow my case still says i am number 43000 something out of 150000 cases. Thats moving at a snails pace. Yet all you can do to speed up a case is get evicted or have a life threatening illness. Tell me how that helps veterans. Yet you all go home every night with the money you were promised. Any other profession if you were hurt on the job. Then there are time limits and protectiins for the worker. Veterans dont see that. Then we have antifa loving anti americans who yell and argue and spit on disabled vets just because they might get a veterans discount at a fast food joint. What happened to this country

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:40 am

If you’d like to speak with us regarding your issue/about appeals, call 1-800-827-1000. You can also connect with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, free-of-charge. To find a VSO representative: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

For more information about appeals, visit https://benefits.va.gov/benefits/appeals.asp

• Robert Brown February 14, 2021 at 2:36 am

Hey Jay Moss

Brother fellow Vet here. I want to offer you valuable advice that helped me get my 100 percent without appeals and quick. You need to go to you local Veteran Affairs Office with all your medical Records. The town of which you lived in or region that has a veteran affairs office will have a copy of your entire service record that was sent to them upon your discharge from the service as well. If you go in and talk to them they are your best advocate. They are nothing like the VA. They will go through your records with you, both medical and service and highlight everything your filing on and put codes that show why your entitled to benefits. Then u also need to have three people to write letter who knew u before and after your service and explain the difference between then and know and how ur disabilities affect you. I have helped several others as well. I hate to see the lazy bums who are like people on welfare just collecting a check for nothing disrespecting brothers and sisters in arms. They couldn’t walk ten steps in your boots brother. Hold your head up. Don’t loose your cool and know that God has a plan for you and will take care of you. Your case will be awarded and the stress will be over but it may take a couple months but we can do it.

27. James L Taylor January 31, 2021 at 12:20 pm

I am a 70 year old veteran and have not been contacted by the VA for my vaccine…I have COPD and underlying conditions…what am I to do,

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 12:08 pm

Hi James, currently, VA is offering COVID-19 vaccine to Veterans already receiving care from the VA, based on CDC and VA risk criteria. If you’re eligible to get a vaccine, your VA health care team will contact you. For more details on your local VA health facility’s current plan, find your facility’s website here https://www.va.gov/find-locations/. On the facility website menu, go to Health care services, then COVID-19. If you have questions about how your personal risk for COVID-19 will determine when you can get a vaccine, send a secure message to your VA health care provider https://www.va.gov/health-care/secure-messaging/. To learn more about people at increased risk, go to the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/index.html

28. Brian Meador January 31, 2021 at 11:35 am

I’ve been homeless for over a year in Simi Valley ca I was approved for VASH Housing 8+ mos ago but the only thing I get from my do called social worker is leave me alone and it’ll come when it comes

29. Mark DuWayne Pollard January 31, 2021 at 11:32 am

VA doesn’t care they take everything from the veteran
    THEY do not listen to the Veteran they believe Parole officers, The Veteran administration allows the state of Texas to illegally extended veteran’s sentences without due diligence in THIER investigation of veteran’s’ claims of loss of liberty, illegal detainments

30. Mark A Hudgins January 31, 2021 at 11:17 am

I’m allergic to raw eggs are these covid-19 shots made with raw eggs?

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Before you get a vaccine, tell the provider giving you the vaccine about all your health conditions. Be sure to tell your provider about any allergies you have as well. https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/

31. Jacqui Odell January 31, 2021 at 11:16 am

Meanwhile, I am still receiving bills for medications this past year despite NEVER having received any since 2004. Yea, makes sense.

32. Kathleen Hardiman January 31, 2021 at 10:24 am

I wish someone would help us, my husband was a30 year navy veteran he passed in February 2019 and his additional VA claim was than put in my name for radiation exposure he was exposed (with documented proof given to the VA), he died leaving me “NOTHING “ I have been waiting on a disposition since 2018 (way before COVID) and I keep getting a run around. My husbands last 4 are 7771. I have to sell my home, my vehicle and move in with my son, the only thing I was left with is $1270.00 a month, I resigned my job on Cherry Point to care for my husband until he passed not realizing he was leaving me this way and by way the VA did nothing for him when the cancer was found (NOTHING)

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:16 am

You may be eligible for VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (VA DIC). If you’d like to speak with us regarding your issue, call 1-800-827-1000. You can also connect with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance and it’s always free-of-charge. To find a VSO representative: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp.

33. Mary Susan Dodson January 31, 2021 at 9:51 am

Wow, if the Community Care Director gave a care about my health care then I would have been provided Balance care at Encompass and received my surgery on my right foot. This is a service connection medical problem and my surgery could not be done on October 28 2020nor January 21, 2021❗️ My Primary Care Doctor lobbied for this care but was turned down. A White House Complaint dates back to October 26, 2020 and as of yet no resolution. UNREAL❗️
    VA does not fail us veterans but there are many employees who build brick walls to prevent our care. The Swamp needs draining of these incompetent employees and we veterans should NEVER be denied our care by a Nurse Manager.

34. BSmith January 31, 2021 at 9:50 am

I have thoughts and a lot to say about Dallas VA medical center but I’m not sure this is the forum to voice my concerns so I’ll stay quiet for now.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 12:51 pm

BSmith, we invite you to report any concerns you may have about inappropriate conduct at VA facilities to the Office of the Inspector General. You can find more information here http://www.va.gov/oig/default.asp or call 1-800-488-8244.

35. Delane Dick January 31, 2021 at 9:37 am

Veira fl VA Clinic reduses to do my cataract surgeey necause im homeless. Now i trip and.fall going into the woods and almost stepped on a snake.because i couldnt see him. Good work Dr Theresa. The eye doctor.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Thank you for sharing your concerns and we are very sorry for any distress your experience may have caused you. We want you to get the care you need in a timely manner. Have you spoken with your patient advocate about the issue? They can work with you. You can find their contact information here: https://www.orlando.va.gov/patients/customerservice.asp

36. Enrique Cruz January 31, 2021 at 9:36 am

It’s bein a year ago with no blood test and check up, also limited meds axsses.

37. Scott Phillips January 31, 2021 at 9:31 am

All I could find, was as of Dec 2020 the data said don’t mix. Most effective was 2 dosed from the same vaccine.

38. Tired of the bullshit January 31, 2021 at 8:28 am

As far as I am concerned the va is full of it and is just in it for the money …I am a combat vet my house just burned down and I got laid off from my job ..could not get in in person meeting with my primary doctor for 6 months ..I can’t get a determination on my disability because the government has lost my medical records …and my vet rep .(mr.rapley ) and his “secretary “….seem to think the va is their own personal business …and don’t even think about going to veterans bridge
    ..they just came out and said if you not behind on your mortgage
    ..there is nothing we can do for you …and proceeded to give my the names of other organisations …..it seems like this dog and pony show of a va is full of it ..I am a combat vet ..with no job and no home ..what other qualifications do I need to get some help …..that should be proof enough that this va it is a scam and gives out just enough money to keep getting funded
    ….it makes me feel bad that I fought for a country that truly gives me its ass to kiss …Semper Fi.

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:23 am

Hello, Marine, semper fi. If you’d like to speak with someone regarding your issue on late mortgage, lost records, and disability claims, please contact VBA support at 1-800-827-1000. Additionally, if you’d like to connect with someone with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, you may find them here: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

39. Bruce Wilson January 31, 2021 at 8:24 am

What about vets who have applied for benefits and have been delayed for a year now. Cancelled medical appointments, sending vets to clinics miles away. I’m unable to meet appointments because I have no transportation. My utilities are being left unpaid I need some serious help.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 1:06 pm

If you or VA canceled an appointment due to COVID-19, you can contact us anytime to reschedule. The fastest way to schedule an appointment is to contact your VA health care provider directly. VA travel pay reimbursement through the Beneficiary Travel program pays Veterans back for mileage and other travel expenses to and from approved health care appointments. Find out if you’re eligible, and how to request reimbursement here. https://www.va.gov/health-care/get-reimbursed-for-travel-pay/

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 10:24 am

We are sorry to hear about your experience, Bruce. In addition to the travel pay reimbursement, you can also connect with a Veterans Service Organization (VSO) who may be able to provide transportation, free-of-charge. To find a VA-approved VSO representative: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

40. Yolanda Martinez January 31, 2021 at 8:13 am

Obviously it appears that my entire comment did not post?!?!

I’m begging for anyone to help me and respond! I don’t want to retype what I just shared. I NEED to talk with someone who can help me since I have been battling the nightmare since October 2019!!!

If you can reply via email, I’ll provide my contact information.
    My sister and I were both confirmed Positive for COVID-19 on October 25, 2020. She’s hospitalized for her immune compromised system. November 3rd she returns home on Hospice only to pass away on December 15th. My sister, my patient, my best friend. And neither the VA, TWC nor CDC memorandum stopped my homelessness, penniless and closure of my small business of home health care.

41. MANUEL ALVARADO January 31, 2021 at 8:10 am

It’s all lies.
    Most veterans experience a corrupt system that does not care for them.
    Disrespectful brats, primadona medical staff who get paid, because they “serve,” those who served.
    Counselors that don’t give a shit about your ptsd, and recommend affected come back, in a few months, unless if there’s physical evidence, you know, like missing limbs. Because misding limbs is proof, and everyone gets turned around because there’s nothing visibly wrong

42. Yolanda Martinez January 31, 2021 at 8:02 am

I have such a hard time accepting this article. For the sake of the other families desperately needing the help, I’m broken and lost not to mention helplessly discouraged.

My family and I have been trying since October 2019 to get the approval for the program, Aid & Attendance, as I moved back home in February 2019 to become my sister’s full time caregiver. With the formation of a small business and filling as such in my county in Texas, it was if what we provided was NEVER enough for their determination. My financial nightmare just continues from there. Texas Workforce Commission denied my application since March because their system clearly was not capable to handle Self-employment, Contractors, Gig workers! Despite my veteran brother-in-law’s 28 years of service plus a legitimate sole proprietor business I started and filed, not to mention the CDC original moratorium I served my landlord, I was FORCED TO VACATE MY RENTAL, LEAVING ME HOMELESS DURING A PANDEMIC SIMPLY BECAUSE I BELIEVED IN IN A BROKEN SYSTEM. Oh by the way, that all transpired less than two days after the death of my sister. My sister and I were both confirmed Positive for COVID-19 on October 25, 2020. She’s hospitalized for her immune compromised system. November 3rd she returns home on Hospice only to pass away on December 15th. My sister, my patient, my best friend. GONE! Maybe I should have send photos instead to show proof my sister had been 95-100% disabled. Dying from Covid was the icing on the cake.
    To Date: I NEVER RECEIVED ANY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERAN AFFAIRS AND/OR THE TEXAS WORKFORCE COMMISSION. October 2019 was my last W2 job so I could start my own all for home health care.
    I truly pray NO ONE suffers or continues to struggle because of our government’s broken system. I pray for those I voted in to office 2021! You have a lot of shit to clean up, unfortunately. It would not surprise me one bit of the mop, broom and dust pan were stolen by….well, no need to name call.

If ANYONE has any suggestions or advice on this rant, I humbly ask for your consideration.

~I’m an overwhelmed American, a closed down Business Owner, and dedicated frontline caregiver holding on to a unified hope for reform!

Yolanda M.
    Lubbock, TX

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:19 am

We’re sorry to hear that, Yolanda. If you’d like to speak with someone regarding your issue, please contact VBA Support at 1-800-827-1000. Additionally, if you’d like to connect with someone from a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, you may find them here: http://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

43. Joseph Arsanis/ the patient Mark Arsanis January 31, 2021 at 7:00 am

My son is a Disabled 100% Vet with AA (aid & assistance) his Dr from the Stockton clinic has gotten him addicted to Benzodiazepines, he has been having many Severe Anxiety Attacks that are painful (especially mental pain). I the father, caregiver am 78, I have called soooo many people from the VA and have gotten “NO REPLY!” So I have called the Stockton clinic Patient Advocate, after numerous messages left I finally received a call back. He took my complaint, I also emailed him 5 pages of complaints on Jan 11, 2021. I need him taper off and withdraw from Benzo addiction. He stated he will get back to me. Today is Sunday Jan 31, it’s been 3 weeks no reply, I have left numerous messages to no avail. I tried complaining to Patient Advocate in Palo Alto, Ca., again I left message after message, after message, all I heard was that I would be notified within 48 hrs., lol lol what a joke, however I finally received a call from an employee within patient advocates (Kandace Woodruffs) office. He asked what did I want, I replied I want to talk to the Patient Advocate and make a complaint about my sons Dr Solivan and why it is taking so long to get a reply back from Stockton clinic patient advocate. He stated he will ask her to contact me. Today is Jan 31, 2021, I have had occasion to call Patient Advocate several more times however Never a reply yet. I have complained to Coordinator at Livermore, I have also complained to a Mr Daniel Kulenich, Associate Director of Palo Alto VA hospital 1/22/21, he stated he would talk to both of those Patient Advocates and call me within 1-2 days. Today is Jan 31, 2021, neither patient advocates have replied yet, actually Mr Kulenich failed to call me back within the 1-2 days. I called his office several more times and 2 employees (Ron and a female) stated they would give him the message, however I was never contacted yet. Mr Kulenich (Associate Director) did leave me a message approx., Jan 29, 2021.

I am trying to get my son taper off of Dangerous Benzodiazepines that thru no fault of his that he is now addicted to. His Dr Solivan stated that he needs to have less Severe Anxiety Attacks and that perhaps in 6-12 months she can examine him for tapering off. She did not inform us of any Dangers of taking Benzos, plus she has steadily increased his Benzos after 2 yrs from 30 monthly (10mg) pills to 60 pills monthly for 2 yrs and now has increased the Benzos in Aug 2021 to90 pills monthly, plus she stated that she may again increase higher after 6-12 months. During his Severe Anxiety attacks, coupled with wanting to die than continue suffering, she has failed to respond to our numerous, many, many phone calls. My son begged her to do something as I allowed him to leave a message with his painful suffering so that perhaps she would return our calls. They have fallen on Deaf/INCOMPETANT ears, she is not qualified to help veterans. I can continue for hours more, however I will see if there is any response to this message. My son will have Dementia that is what Dr Solivan said, when I asked that she put that in writing she replied, oh, well he will be at high risk for Dementia. I need help for my son, his memory is all but shot due to Valiums and Benadryl’s. This is just the beginning of my complaints, actually 4.5 yrs ago Dr Solivan told me that she is not knowledgeable in OCD, but that she will bring in an expert to help my son, after many months I had occasion to again complain that my son was suffering, she now stated Tharp she was going to contact some one from UC hospital, again it didn’t happen. I had occasion to call again and complain about all of her bullshit stories about getting OCD help for my son. Now she tells me she will consult with her Supervisor about OCD. Needless to say she lied to even do that. I am sick of her and the numerous more no reply phone calls, misdiagnosis from a Dr CUA, overnight medication that took 6 days to arrive from Modesto to Stockton, coupled with my many calls to Dr CUA for emergency help while my son suffered. Not even 1 phone call, I even left messages with his employees, still to no avail. This complaint may seem long but it is only a part of my complaint. Is there anyone that can help? Joseph the father/caregiver and former vet himself. Jan 31, 2021

44. Bob Smith January 31, 2021 at 6:40 am

Mercy. Mercy. For the mercy and love of our Lord and God, please improve service for veterans living overseas.

How about an office to improve the service and benefits of veterans living overseas.

The current situation during covid is very very bad.

The VA is very, very slow to process our claims and our service and benefits do not improve or keep pace with stateside.

We have no VA Choice. Why is that, why is nothing changing? We have no VA healthcare. That is right !!!

Why do we wait for years on end to have our claims processed. You do realize we cant waltz into the local regional office and get help, we have to wait for VA to do its job remotely.

We also have no office to ask questions regarding on how to get our benefits. Guys, the 1800 folks dont know about overseas vets and are not in a position to advocate change to improve service to us.

You call 1800 phone number and they have no idea on earth about how to get benefits where we are living overseas. Nobody is working on this issue and nobody is in change. There is no contact office at VA working on these issues we can get answers.

We have no ID card, and the DoD does not recognize the VA ID card overseas. Sooo we cant access our veterans benefits as a result DOD couldnt care less about helping vets (why is that) and VA shruggs its shoulders. How about coordinating so we can get our benefits or give us an id card the DoD will accept? Lord help us.

Our claims are processed where? Do you know, of course not. Why dont you look into it. Nobody knows, some secret basement in Pittsburg, PA no phone, no leadership, no contact, no webpage, no Email, no customer service,lumped in with the veterans in Pennsylvania, they have no idea how much we suffer trying to simply get our benefits.

Where is the annual survey for the 10,000s of veterans living abroad? How can VA fix any problems for veterans without knowing what problems we have?

What an idea, How does the VA know what problems we have? The VA doesnt know anything about us we get lumped in with everybody else but we have no benefits and endless wait times.

The VA is failing their customers, 10,000s of veterans in Europe and Asia who cannot get benefits. We have no voice, we have no advocates, we have no leadership, we sit and home a pray for the waits and hope that somebody notices we have no benefits at all.

Our claims take forever, while we wait for years on end for claims processing we have no benefits. What a cruel system, why dont the VA pay our medical bills while they force us to wait for years on end at least? Remember, veterans medical care, we overseas dont got it!!

Mercy, Mercy VA, does anybody hear us, does anybody care, does anybody have mercy VA, MERCY VA, somebody create an office for overseas veterans and listen to us, create VA advocates, please give us service for veterans living overseas.

45. Judith A straight January 31, 2021 at 6:32 am

My husband was 100% disabled vet. He was making over 4000 a month. He died 10 years ago and I recieved 1354 a month to survive on. Why dont widow get more then 1/3 of there husband disability to survive on in this day and age. Congress and Senaters vote themselves huge wages. I’d like to see them live on the pay I get .

• Edward Williams February 5, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Hello judith! I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances! You can rest easier, knowing that the amount you are receiving has been reconsidered by Congress! They have vowed to raise the pay-amount, equal to whatever the disabled spouse was receiving! You can check with VA or your local Congress-person, to see when this will take effect? Congress promised that they will ratify the new law, to help lift widows out of poverty! I read this recently!

46. Sharon O January 31, 2021 at 5:44 am

Not sure I can help you or not,but I work at the Kerrville VA in Texas. We are doing the Pfizer. The place where you had the first shot should give you the second. Also on the Moderna, the shots are supposed to be 28 days apart. So you should get it on the 17th of Feb. Not the 22nd. Under Pfizer if you miss the second shot, you have to start all over.
    I would call the Riverside County Health System. Hope this helps.

47. Heudi Kitts January 31, 2021 at 5:43 am

Moderna should be the same brand of shot administered to you for the second shot, as well. I’ll get more clarification and direct contact information for you and post it, here.

48. Randy M Welch January 31, 2021 at 5:30 am

Why am I having such a hard time getting help getting my travel pay and prescription coverage, in which I have been getting for the last 10 years. I have over and over again and again filled out the applications for hardship and try calling the Battle Creek V.A benefits officials no one answer the phone or answer any any voice-mail that I leave for them.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Hi Randy, thank you for sharing your concerns and I am very sorry for any distress your experience may have caused you. Have you spoken to your patient advocates about your experience? They need to hear about any issues so that they can work to correct them. You can find their contact information here: https://www.battlecreek.va.gov/patients/customerservice.asp

49. Mark Miller January 31, 2021 at 5:19 am

I’m not really with getting that shot. Or any shot. But I do know this. I need some help and quick. My trucks at risk of being vandalized and out of gas. I got only a little time before getting put to the curb from this hotel room my hernia just ripped a little.more yesterday. It made me sick I shivered my way to sleep. Woke up in a sweat. 8f any one could help out there. Disabled vet, trying to buy a home during all this the deal fell through at no fault of my own now I’m staring at possibility of living under a bridge the rest of this winter months n

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Do not delay getting in-person care. Make sure you’re taking care of the medical needs you would have addressed before COVID-19, like renewing prescriptions and having regular check-ins with your care team if you are enrolled in VA. If you feel like something is not quite right and you would normally see a doctor during non-COVID-19 times, call your care team. It is far better to have someone on your care team review your symptoms than wait until it’s harder to treat them. Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness are strongly encouraged to contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.

50. Edward T White January 31, 2021 at 4:49 am

Ets in 79 injured while in can’t get service connections,

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:52 am

If you’d like to speak with us regarding your issue/about claims, call 1-800-827-1000. You can also connect with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance and it’s always free-of-charge. To find a VSO representative: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

51. Jennifer Durden January 31, 2021 at 4:48 am

Ok what does the va offer to the family caregivers even when they don’t think the caregivers are ELIGIBLE for payments and insurance. We still have to be here and do all of the work wether we get paid or not! I don’t think the system is fair. We have to do everything for our veteran here at home but nobody thinks we’re eligible to receive a dime.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Family caregivers of Veterans who aren’t eligible for the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers may still be able to get support and resources. The VA Caregiver Support Program consists of 2 programs: Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC) and another program called the Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS). To learn more, visit https://www.va.gov/family-member-benefits/comprehensive-assistance-for-family-caregivers/

52. chirstopher napier January 31, 2021 at 3:27 am

I am dieing from the VA’s terrible uncooperative stance and this is nothing but Obama style hot air.

Either the VA, my elected offices end my cry for help or I will one way or another. My life is ruined from their threat and denial!

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:28 am

If you’d like to speak with someone regarding your issue, please contact VBA support at 1-800-827-1000 (or congressperson). Additionally, if you’d like to connect with someone with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, you may find them here: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

53. Cynthia Avina January 31, 2021 at 2:41 am

My Grandma is a surviving spouse of a veteran.She is entitled to survivor benefits but has not received anything since the month of my grandpa’s death which was June of 2019. He was receiving pension and aid and attendance at the time of his death.She is 90 years old and needs assistance with dressing, bathing,using the restroom, preparing meals and eating.as well as getting to her dr. Appointments and taking her medications.she can no longer take care of herself.she only receives social security of $1,300. Per month. There were also two payments issued to my grandpa before he passed of $4,000 each that were sent in the form of a check by mail, but he never received them. A trace was put on the check but the results of the trace were never told to us.
    I have tried to go online to the benefits information but can’t seem to get any information and continue to hit road blocks so I eventually gave up. What can I do or who do I talk to to get help for my grandma?
    Thank you for any information.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Please contact the CHAMPVA Customer Call Center at 800-733-8387.

54. Yvette ScottButler January 31, 2021 at 2:11 am

I know that the VA here in Las Vegas is using Pfizer. So, not sure if the VA as a whole at all facilities is using the same.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:24 pm

The FDA has authorized 2 COVID-19 vaccines for public use. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine and the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Each VA health facility that offers COVID-19 vaccines will receive either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccine.

55. Gary Morris January 31, 2021 at 2:04 am

I am a Reservist that was enrolled at Georgetown University for two years to complete my Bachelor’s degree. I was subsequently called to active duty and the VA will not pay my remaining balance of none thousand dollars. My status does not change from the Reserve IMA to active Duty even when called to support a 6 months tour. I’ve reached out to the DC VA and basically have been given the finger. I completed all necessary course requirements to receive my BA but Georgetown with not give me a copy of my transcript or my Diploma since the VA will not pay the remaining balance of the 9K. Does anyone have an answer for me?

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 12, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Thank you for your question Mr. Morris. Please contact the Education Call Center at: 1-888-442-4551 between 8 AM and 7 PM Eastern Time, Monday-Friday. A call agent with direct access to your education claims file can assist you with your specific question.

56. Ernest E. Leclair January 31, 2021 at 1:23 am

When will we get our first covid shot.i live in Arizona and have asked my Primary and all I get. Is we will contact you. 73 year old. And have serious Heart dease.

57. Emily C January 31, 2021 at 12:42 am

From the website :
    “Veterans ages 65 years and older are now eligible to receive Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at VA Loma Linda.”

58. Mark Allen January 31, 2021 at 12:39 am

LLVA is dispensing the Moderna vaccine as of 1/29/21.

59. Thomas B January 30, 2021 at 11:49 pm

You couldn’t pay me enough money to get that vaccine. My country jacked me up with non fda approved vaccines prior to deployment that has left me sick for the rest of my life – all in the name of protecting me from nerve gas and no telling what else we were exposed to while over there. Never trust the US government with vaccines.

60. Amy L Simmans January 30, 2021 at 11:41 pm

My Combat Disabled Veteran came home from his third tour needing a caregiver immediately. I have been his caregiver everyday since. I sent a list of over 400 caregivers in middle TN region who were all kicked off the caregiver program. My husband is 100% permanent and total and I still take care of him 24-7. You forgave his debts for serving but not mine. I sit here with a bill which arrived today threatening to levy anything we have because I have been caring for him and I able to work since I graduated in 2010. I have attempted to be an IEP special education advocate but COVID hit two weeks after. I have 5 children who have Autism who I Homeschool because the public school system cannot support them. I am devastated that I have spent 25 years of my life as a military wife and mother who tried and fought for an education throughout moves and holding the fort down during a two decade war , and now spend every day caring for a veteran directly wounded in the war only to have my children dumped out of Education because two and a half years of attorneys for three special education twice exceptional Autistic children were a deal breaker for this system. And while I see my life with my husband and my kids as a gift to educate them no matter what this nation keeps sticking me with the bill too. I care for 5 people with Disabilities. 5. One who served three years at war and 4 who cannot be left unattended. Why are caregivers student loan debts not covered? Why did the Obama and Trump Administration ignore all of us kicked off. The claims they made they revamped the caregiver program is lies. I went through the exact same people, answered the exact same questions, with worsened circumstances, and not a single word or way has changed. It is a facade. I feel absolutely abandoned by my country. It has officially told me since I was 18 I do not matter. Why? If the militarywanted him to have a wife they would have issued him one. The VA is saving so much money by depending on spouses who actually love the veterans to care for them around the clock. Without me he would not have this quality of life with his children or any continuity of care. Then you dump me off caregiver , then I still have this student loan debt which was used to pay for daycare while husband deployed and to cover his expenditures while he deployed. I am at a complete loss.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:40 pm

Hi Amy, we are very sorry for any distress your experience may have caused you. Please call the Caregiver Support Line at 855-260-3274 to discuss the options available to you and your family. Caregiver Support Coordinators are also available at each VA Medical Center to help caregivers find the right support to meet their needs and to enroll in caregiver programs and service. More information can be found here: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/support/New_CSC_Page.asp

61. Susan Anne Moyer January 30, 2021 at 11:22 pm

It would help if u would stop my co-payments for prescriptions I am broke because of this Covif-19 pandemic and am in a financial crisis I am also 61 with high blood pressure and COPD I take an inhaler at least 2 to 3 times a day albuteral and montelukist a pill every day and symbolta another inhaler I need need needy this vaccine please help me schedule one I do work with the public also so I am at high risk

62. Jeffrey Lee January 30, 2021 at 10:35 pm

I’m a 100 percent and I have too go up for review I am 50 yrs old I am terrified of losing my benefits. Im not able to get a job . February 3 is my day of review 2021. Can you help me on what I need to do

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 9, 2021 at 9:50 am

Hi Jeffrey, if you’d like to speak with someone regarding your issue, please contact VBA support at 1-800-827-1000. Additionally, if you’d like to connect with someone with a Veterans Service Organization for assistance, you may find them here: https://www.va.gov/ogc/apps/accreditation/index.asp

63. AO January 30, 2021 at 10:33 pm

The Omaha VA is the worse VA Hospital I have worked at. As a veteran and a physician, I’m very concerned with how inefficient the hospital is with patient care. Also concerned with how resident physician’s are treated by nurses and ancillary staff. When asked if any of the residents physicians will consider working at the VA after completing their training the answer is a unifying NO. Please, please please help anyone out there fix this place because me and my fellow veterans deserve better VA. Thank you

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:44 pm

We regret to hear about your experience. If you have concerns about inappropriate conduct at VA facilities, please report them to the Office of the Inspector General. You can find more information here http://www.va.gov/oig/default.asp or call 1-800-488-8244.

64. Karl Monard January 30, 2021 at 9:57 pm

Why would you go to a different place for the second shot, sounds like to me that you are part of the problem.

65. Malkah Lesman-kaplan January 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm

Hi, i work for the va in ny so i cant tell you about loma linda. This is not the place to ask. Call the hospital and ask for a nursing supvisor in charge of covid vaccines. There is always medical administration or your patient advocate.

66. Matthew Lloyd Thomas January 30, 2021 at 9:21 pm

VA needs to give veterans more money, they spend it all! They really keep America going thru their community spending and natural protective warrior standard. Bless them with all they could ever desire.

67. Joseph Russell allwood January 30, 2021 at 9:15 pm

What about the veterans who have no vehicles like I do I was driving a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer and now it is not fixable and my credit score is so bad that I can’t get a brand new car or truck I need a truck because I help other veterans here in Oklahoma and I I don’t know how we can survive on this covid-19 problem thank you for giving me a chance to talk here US army veteran Joseph Russell allwood call c o l c o r d Oklahoma

68. Constance Crosby January 30, 2021 at 9:08 pm

Please clear the backlog of C&P appeals awaiting decisions. My husband has had over $300,000 worth of surger(ies) to relieve pain from a service-connected back injury, all paid for by the VA, and yet he is still waiting for the decision on a 5+ year-long appeals process for 100% disability rating vs 60% currently. Our financial burdens would be eased if my husband’s disability rating were to be adjusted according to what he is entitled to be paid (evidence supposedly gathered to the standards required for a decision), as I’m sure the 62,000 (in our region alone)veterans in front of him also awaiting a decision. Fair compensation is required by most standards and laws written to protect American workers; why not include America’s Veterans in that category as well? Do better for them. They deserve the best you have to offer.

69. Jack Keierleber January 30, 2021 at 8:58 pm

Yeh I have’nt been contacted for appointment by billings va clinic yet for the first shot. High risk. Waiting for the big dance.

70. Daniel Palmer January 30, 2021 at 8:54 pm

I hope they get back to you soon. My primary said they both have to be the same brand 3-4 weeks apart. No longer.

71. Henry Hawkins January 30, 2021 at 8:34 pm

My upgrade from 10% was denied. Can I get the Traveler board to review. I am 68 years old Vietnam veteran going through this covid situation and requesting upgrade of my service connection.

72. Jan polley January 30, 2021 at 8:32 pm

When will the Buffalo VA receive a vaccine for US veterans

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:51 pm

You can view a full list of the VA locations providing COVID vaccinations here: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus/COVID_19_Vaccinations.asp. Currently, the Western New York VA Health Care System is offering COVID-19 vaccine to Veterans already receiving care from the VA, based on CDC and VA risk criteria. If you’re eligible to get a vaccine, your VA health care team will contact you.

73. Richard Triano January 30, 2021 at 8:31 pm

I believe that the compution for % rating ed 50% +10% does not equal 60 % rather 55% this has to be change

74. Susan BURNS January 30, 2021 at 8:22 pm

There should be a Moderna 2nd shot with your mame on it. If you cannot reCh them by phone. Try contacting uour primary care through Healthevet. Good luck

75. Latausha Vanderhall January 30, 2021 at 8:11 pm

I can’t get in touch with a veteran service organization to help me with getting the information and records needed for my claim for benefits for my birth defects, and declining health due to my fathers 5 tours to Vietnam during his 30 years of service to the United States Navy. Due to his service in Nam his ex’s posture to Agent Orange which caused all of his health issues and finally prostate cancer which claimed his life at 78 years of age. My father gave his entire life to this Country and for his daughter to be suffering and having to fight for benefits I should have been given at birth for life would be detrimental if he was still alive and to know it’s mainly because children of male veterans illnesses and suffering are both being denied, overlooked, and ignored simply because he was male would be just as devastating. Is this current administration going to address this matter and take care of all of us who have given so much and the children of this among staff many tragi Wars. The children of Nam fought right alongside our fathers, and mothers and no one cares. We were boots on the ground just invisible because we had not yet been born to our father’s. Not only were we boots on the ground but so we’re our unborn children, grandchildren, and mother’s. Mr. President Biden, and Mrs. Vice President Harris please help . Department of Veterans Affairs take care of all of us and not a chosen few.

76. Cornelius Howard January 30, 2021 at 7:14 pm

VA can help veterans by automatically receive stimulus payments. Another suggestion, allow every veteran to borrow up to 1/2 of their monthly pension or compensation payments. To be paid back up to 12 months.

77. Edward A Cottman January 30, 2021 at 7:09 pm

I am still trying to detetmine when and where I a veteran can shots.

• Veterans Health Administration February 1, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Currently, VA is offering COVID-19 vaccine to Veterans already receiving care from the VA, based on CDC and VA risk criteria. If you’re eligible to get a vaccine, your VA health care team will contact you. Sign up to stay informed about our COVID-19 plans. https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/

78. Friend To Vets January 30, 2021 at 6:53 pm

You will get the same brand that you got in your first iimjection. They are not interchangeable.

79. Bobbie Dorsey January 30, 2021 at 6:52 pm

I am really concerned about my husband. He’s very ill and since the VA in uptown Augusta GA has locked all the units in the hospital I cannot see him or help him in any way. It’s been almost a year that I have seen him. I can talk to him on the phone but that’s not the same as seeing him and helping him. We’ve been married for 53 years and we are very close.
    He is depressed and so am I
    I beg you to open up the hospitals CLC units before our veterans die of loneliness.

80. Keith A Tomczyk January 30, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Why don’t you just pay us what we are owed by the branch of service we got cancer from.

81. Vivek Varadarajan January 30, 2021 at 6:17 pm

Took an exam through army credentialing assistance …failed ….and now the VA wants to recoupe the exam fees….this is nice….so called educational bill …I wont be takin that assistance again…its a merit based trap…

• Veterans Benefits Administration February 12, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Thank you for your question Mr. Varadarajan. We have taken a look at your claims file and do not see a debt for you. Please contact the Education Call Center at: 1-888-442-4551 between 8 AM and 7 PM Eastern Time, Monday-Friday. A call agent with direct access to your education claims file can assist you with your specific question.

You can also visit our webpage at https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/how-to-use-benefits/test-fees/ for further information on test fees. Below highlights the test fee program:
      -Will pay for tests even if you don’t score high enough to get your license or certification. You can take the same test as many times as you need.

82. S K Sloan January 30, 2021 at 5:42 pm

Philip have you tried contacting a social worker at or OUTSIDE the VA medical system? Someone from the health department for example, or local medical (even mental health–we have peer support people in my town, for e.i.).

They might get a quicker response for you.

Also your county website might be a good place to look.

Senior center
    The list goes on… Social Service Agencies

Etc.

83. Jack b Kidd January 30, 2021 at 5:25 pm

How about a little help for a 100% disabled Vietnam vet 72 years old that is raising two of his grandsons because of the epidemic of heroin addiction from their mother and now we have to raise two of our grandsons how about a little financial help. ✝️✝️✝️

84. Connie Draper January 30, 2021 at 5:21 pm

These people can’t even get a simple beneficiary travel website to work and you think they are going to magically find ways to give us relief? Tran needs to get a clue. They have screwed up how we apply for travel with a website that will not remain up or has problems during the login. No one is able to be reached when a veteran needs help with this part and the local VAs do not operate the website.

85. Annette Perkins January 30, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Hi I just checked out lomalinda.va.gov. they have Moderna
    Good luck! A.P (USAF)

86. T Marie January 30, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Why is Dental insurance or care NOT included for our Veterans??????????

87. Maryann T. Frame January 30, 2021 at 4:55 pm

Thank you, as a Survivor Spouse for all you are doing for everyone. My husband, John F. Frame was a Vietnam Veteran . He was there from August, 1967 to October, 1968.
    He passed away June29th, 2018 from complications due to disease from Agent Orange.

Maryann Frame

88. Mary Claire Herbert January 30, 2021 at 4:35 pm

One way that the VA could help people in this time of hardship is by reducing the credit score needed to buy a home. I am 16 points away from the lower threshold of score needed. It is less expensive to purchase than to rent, in my opinion, in California. Due to Dept of Education, I lost my place of residence, and am struggling to return to normalcy. The VA could foresee that I would not be a bad risk, given what