VA and Together We Served (TWS) will be hosting a free, virtual Veterans forum on June 23, 2022, from 1-2 p.m. ET on the following topics:
- VA benefits and health care;
- Mental health and PTSD;
- Your military stories and VA experiences.
Why should I participate?
It takes a community and a network of professionals to address Veterans’ physical and mental (emotional) health concerns. If you have ever asked yourself the following questions, just know VA is here to help.
- How do I sign-up for VA health care? How do I access my medical records?
- What are my benefits? What am I eligible to receive?
- Have you ever wondered if you may suffer from acute stress disorder and/or post-traumatic stress disorder?
- Have you ever isolated yourself, lacked motivation, experienced feelings of loneliness or being misunderstood, or have lower physical and mental health?
- Am I getting the most out of my VA benefits?
Our experts will answer your questions. We understand that finding people in the community to connect with can be challenging for anyone.
Mental health disorders are no longer considered a taboo issue and talking about your problems and seeking help is courageous. VA has a team of professionals that can help and guide you to applicable resources. Stress, anxiety and depression can make you feel overwhelmed, alone and detached from loved ones. Understand that you are not alone.
Come ask your questions, share your experiences, and learn about VA and community resources to improve your mental health and access the services you need.
Together We Served allows Veterans to come together in a public forum to enjoy, support and connect with one another. Connect with friends, find resources, assist other Veterans, locate community members and become a part of this local, statewide and national effort to build support systems for (and with) Veterans.
Where to register: https://togetherweserved.com/vaforum.
How to participate in the forum
Step 1: Go to https://togetherweserved.com/vaforum.
Step 2: If you are not already a TWS Member, simply click the “Not Yet Registered” button and join as a Veteran.
Step 3: If you are already a TWS Member, click on “Enter the Forum” and select your service branch to login.
Step 4: Once you have registered, or logged in, you will automatically arrive at the Department of Veterans Affairs Special Forums page. Click on any VA Forum that interests you to view and respond to existing posts, or create a new post that you would like a response to. TWS Admins are always at hand to assist with any questions you may have via the TWS Help Desk live chat feature. Post your questions or stories now!
Step 5: VA experts will join on June 23, 2022, between 1-2 p.m. ET to view your posts and address your questions.
- Click HERE to enroll in VA health care services.
- Click HERE to file a disability claim.
- National Center for PTSD website.
- If you’re a Veteran looking for support, reach out to the Vet Center Call Center confidentially 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 877-927-8387.
- Use the VA facility locator tool to find a Vet Center location near you.
- If you or a Veteran you know is in crisis, contact the Veterans Crisis Line, available 24/7. Call 800-273-8255 and press 1, text to 838255 or chat online at veteranscrisisline.net/Chat.
- To find resources for service members, Veterans, their family members and caregivers, explore the National Resource Directory.
The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products and services on the part of VA. Verify information with the organization offering.