As political candidates jockey for support during the stretch run to the U.S. midterm elections on November 8, state and local officials are scrambling to staff polling sites with election volunteers. Major indicators are projecting a massive poll worker shortage for the 2022 midterms and beyond.

Aware of this potential crisis, the Vet the Vote campaign is seeking to recruit 100,000 Veterans and military family members to be poll workers in the 2022 midterms and other future elections. Vet the Vote is a coalition of 26 Veteran and military service organizations and four civic groups, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Football League (NFL).

More than 1 million volunteers are needed to run national elections. If only 10% of the 17 million American Veterans enlisted as poll workers, that would easily fill the void of any poll worker shortage.

“Poll workers tend to come from our senior citizen population, and concerns regarding COVID-19 have understandably decreased volunteerism among that population,” said Air Force Veteran Anil Nathan, an executive director of the nonprofit group We the Veterans, which organized the campaign. “In general, though, there’s a constant need to mobilize new poll workers, and we would like to see the Veteran and military family community make volunteering as poll workers a new norm of public service within our community.”

Poll workers key to preserving integrity of elections

Poll workers play a critical role in elections while getting to see the truest form of American democracy in action. They are responsible for opening the polls in the morning; checking in voters and issuing ballots; maintaining the chain of custody of ballots, voting equipment and supplies; and reconciling the number of voters checked in with the number of ballots cast at their location, among other duties. Poll workers make on average $100 to $150 a day, including paid training in many locations.

But a shortage of poll workers can create operational challenges, including the unexpected closure of polling sites and long lines.

Army Veteran James Hardaway is training to be a poll worker during the early voting period from October 20 to November 5 in Raleigh, North Carolina. He’ll be on the staff at North Carolina State University processing ballots with election software and will assist voters in other ways.

Hardaway believes his role as a poll worker is key to preserving the integrity of the election.

“I registered to be an election precinct staff member to help reinforce trust in our election process, as Veterans have earned an extremely high level of trust in this area,” he said. “It is critical to ensure that each voter is properly processed so their vote is counted.”

In the Army, Hardaway served in countries where free and democratic elections weren’t guaranteed. While Iraq’s coalition government was being created, he was in Tikrit during the country’s 2008 legislative elections and in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, during the 2010 parliamentary elections.

“I’ve seen the transformative power that elections can have on countries when citizens trust the outcome,” he said. “Those experiences caused me to look differently at our own processes and never take them for granted. Additionally, many states, including North Carolina, are short on election staff this cycle. I want to ensure that everyone has easy access to vote when it’s right for them. Fewer staff means longer lines and potentially less time available for potential voters.”

family photo of man, woman, small child and baby

Air Force Veteran Kristen Berg, pictured here with her family, served as a poll worker in Wisconsin during the 2020 presidential election.

`It’s in our blood’

Air Force Veteran Kristen Berg served as a poll worker in Kimberly, Wisconsin during the 2020 presidential election. She saw such volunteerism as another way of giving back to her country.

“When I left the military, I was ready to transition to civilian life, but I think a lot of Veterans maintain a longstanding desire to serve,” she said. “It’s in our blood, so to speak. Whether it’s in a nationwide movement, such as voting, or even local community involvement, church events or helping with our kids’ assorted activities. Working at the polls is a great way to answer a larger call, and I found personal value and fulfillment in doing so.”

Thus far, the Vet the Vote campaign has recruited more than 2,000 Veterans and military family members to serve as poll workers—enough to staff over 200 large polling stations. However, the number of volunteers is expected to escalate as Vet the Vote’s partnership with the NFL takes hold with the kickoff of the 2022 football season, and as the Vet the Vote coalition reaches more of its direct audience of 3.5 million people as the midterms draw closer.

Vet the Vote filmed a public service announcement with the NFL that will run on the NFL Network. The campaign is also engaging with many teams and planning on in-person events at games. The NFL has also been supporting the campaign on its social media through the league’s NFL Votes initiative.

Officials often recruit poll workers at the last minute

With training needed for poll workers, it’s important for Veterans and military family members to volunteer as soon as possible to have the greatest chance of serving. However, Vet the Vote campaign leaders are encouraging volunteers to consider enlisting even late into the election cycle.

“We’ve heard directly from election officials in a few states that they often end up recruiting poll workers at the last minute because people’s schedules change, and they are unable to work,” Nathan said. “One official told us that 20% of her poll worker staff reported the week before a primary that they could not work the polls that day. She was scrambling to recruit. It’s a very fluid dynamic, and people should prepare to be called up at the last minute.”

• Veterans can receive around $150 per day for serving as a county poll worker.
  • 60% of counties report a shortage of poll workers for 2022 election cycle.
  • Vet the Vote makes it easy for Veterans to apply to be poll workers.

Sign up to be a poll worker. The Vet the Vote campaign will be providing heavily discounted Vet the Vote t-shirts to those who register.

The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products and services on the part of VA. Veterans should verify the information with the organization offering.

By Mike Richman

Writer on detail with VA's Veterans Experience Office

Published on Sep. 12, 2022

Link Disclaimer

This page includes links to other websites outside our control and jurisdiction. VA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of non-VA Web sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policy or terms and conditions of those sites to fully understand what information is collected and how it is used.

Statement of Endorsement

Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

1. Donovan Ransom Jr September 26, 2022 at 6:34 pm - Reply

Interested in becoming poll worker details please

2. Fred Golen September 26, 2022 at 3:05 pm - Reply

A few days ago I responded to this email about veterans marking in the polling place. I come in it and I was 87 asked if you had something you needed for half a day? No reply. The retake at me answers negative?

3. Kimberly Moore September 25, 2022 at 5:31 pm - Reply

I’m on SSD, would I have to claim the income? Is it taxed?

4. Billy Smythe September 24, 2022 at 11:43 pm - Reply

If you want to be an election judge the process is vwey simple. Go to your county board of elections and volunteer. I am starting my 15th year as a supervisory election judge.

In Missouri you have to provide your political party information so that the BOE knows where they can assign you to work.

Once you complete your training you’ll be assigned to a specific poll site. On election day you will arrive at the poll site at 5am to start setup. The polls open for voting at 6am and you basically work on processing folks wishing to vote until 7pm minus a short lunch break. At 7 pm you’ll close the poll site.

5. John M Bachman September 24, 2022 at 10:49 pm - Reply

I am interested in being a poll worker Lancaster or surrounding area

6. M B Gabriel September 24, 2022 at 2:08 pm - Reply

when I filled out the application forms ONE AFTER ANOTHER got to the last one they asked me whoever they are to give them permission to get into

my personal E-Mail ACCOUNT everthing calender CONTACTS everthing .

wanted to volunteer up till THAT ….

7. Kathryn mccrea September 23, 2022 at 3:24 pm - Reply

My husband and I are interested in becoming pollworkers

8. Mike Richman September 23, 2022 at 8:52 am - Reply

Message from Ingrid Sundlee, Director of Civic Engagement for Vet the Vote:

“Vet the Vote has seen an incredible response to our invitation to step up and serve again as poll workers. We invite all of you to register to be a poll worker here: https://vetthe.vote/pages/sign-up-now . After you sign up, you’ll receive some emails from our partner Power the Polls with instructions on how to complete your application, and emails from us reminding you to complete your application and with a discount code for a T-shirt you can wear to the polls. We sell the shirt at the costs we’re paying for it, so it’s not a source of income or donations for us. We wish we could provide it for free, but we’re a small non-profit and don’t have the resources yet. After you complete your application, you’ll get information from your local election offices on next steps. While some places may not need additional poll workers, most do, and we know, from conversations with some election offices just this morning, that they want to see veterans and military family members at the polls – we’re a reliable and trusted community to show up and get the job done. We thank you so much for your support and your commitment to our elections.”

9. chris lindquist September 22, 2022 at 11:23 pm - Reply

please send me more information. I am ready!!

10. Kenneth Turvin September 22, 2022 at 10:58 pm - Reply

Very interested.. please send me an application and information.

11. Thomas Gleeson September 22, 2022 at 5:49 am - Reply

Interesting, how to I sign up?

12. anthony gabel September 22, 2022 at 12:23 am - Reply

i am a vet send me aplication.

13. Douglas Thomas September 21, 2022 at 8:28 pm - Reply

Interested, live in the 95356 area code, central Calif., Have know idea what’s next..

14. Daniel Daugherty September 21, 2022 at 7:00 pm - Reply

Turning 65 and my pension is not been enough to get by. Need to work love my country and want to help.

15. Steven Johnson September 21, 2022 at 6:13 pm - Reply

You make $150 a day how does this affect your benefits and your taxes!
    I thought poll workers were only on the day of the election and not before or after?
    If this affects our benefits I will tell everybody about this!

16. Richard W Sedin September 21, 2022 at 3:55 pm - Reply

It sounds like a task I would like perform. OK to send me additional info.

17. LORIE BRYANT September 21, 2022 at 8:24 am - Reply

I THINK I SIGNED UP CORRECTLY, WHEN WILL I REC TRAINING. I’M ALSO A VETERAN AND WILLING TO LEARN THE PROCESS AND OFFER SERVICE.

18. James P Fletcher September 21, 2022 at 8:16 am - Reply

Send me application I’m a vet
    And ready to work

19. Calvin L Clausen September 20, 2022 at 9:44 pm - Reply

How do I sign up?

20. Terry Mccage September 20, 2022 at 8:37 pm - Reply

I think i would like to be a POLL WORKER

21. Terry Mccage September 20, 2022 at 8:36 pm - Reply

sounds interesting I think i will apply

22. Don Pryor September 20, 2022 at 7:41 pm - Reply

Don Pryor, Port Charlotte, FL

23. Patricia A Smith September 20, 2022 at 2:00 pm - Reply

I would like to be a poll worker

24. Robert Malone September 20, 2022 at 11:06 am - Reply

I wouldlike to join. How do I

How do I sign up

sign

25. Richard Cicalese September 20, 2022 at 9:10 am - Reply

i live in east patchogue zip code 11772 if i can help call me

26. Don Petersen September 19, 2022 at 11:05 pm - Reply

I would like to be a poll worker.

27. Lyle Oyster September 19, 2022 at 10:08 pm - Reply

I’m interested,

28. Sally January September 19, 2022 at 8:47 pm - Reply

I’m an Air Force Vet. and I’m very interested

29. Philip Okamoto September 19, 2022 at 5:38 pm - Reply

I would like to be a poll worker in Anderson, SC.

30. Michael Fling September 19, 2022 at 4:25 pm - Reply

I would like to be a poll worker in WVA

31. Nathaniel pippen September 19, 2022 at 4:06 pm - Reply

I would like to be a
    Pooi watcher

32. Michael hillegas September 19, 2022 at 3:56 pm - Reply

I live in north KCMO. Sign me up for poll work.

33. earl chapman September 19, 2022 at 2:55 pm - Reply

I would like to be a poll worker. Thank You.

34. mike tufts September 19, 2022 at 11:23 am - Reply

live in boxford mass. would love to be a poll worker.

35. Bernard Lack September 19, 2022 at 10:12 am - Reply

Live in Bonita Springs zip 34135 love to be there Marine severed in Vietnam

36. Nicholas Muschiano September 19, 2022 at 7:48 am - Reply

I’m interested in being a poll worker. I am an Air Force disabled veteran Looking for work. I live in RI. If workers are needed please contact me.

37. Jose Carrasquillo September 18, 2022 at 8:06 pm - Reply

They should make it part time 4 to 5 hrs. To me 10 hrs. Is to long. I have a part time job only 3 hrs. I would do 4 hrs in the morning but not 10 hrs . Consider that many seniors can’t work for 10 hrs. And seniors are the ones to take that job.

• Terry David Smith September 25, 2022 at 8:54 pm - Reply

I’m 75, close to 76. I can work more than 10 hours in the Texas heat and humidity. Speak for yourself.

38. Michael Hartley September 18, 2022 at 11:28 am - Reply

Interested

39. Michelle Lewis September 18, 2022 at 9:29 am - Reply

Signed up through my county last week.

40. Thomas D. Boatright September 17, 2022 at 11:19 pm - Reply

Continued:
    My location is in Kansas City, Kansas.

41. Thomas D. Boatright September 17, 2022 at 11:16 pm - Reply

I am interested being a poll worker. I would need to know more information. Could you please send me some as soon as possible because it is getting close to election time.

42. Luis E Vega September 17, 2022 at 10:37 pm - Reply

Hi: I will like to know if you are seeking vet from Puerto Rico, to work at PR?

43. DAVID airborne173rd69yahoo.com September 17, 2022 at 8:34 pm - Reply

Question for you robot or person:

You had described your need adequately, I am a VN veteran, and I wholly disapprove of all of what is going on in America currently to include that there is no accountability just daily news on how bad it has become. Not action, just words and that is not the American way at least not for anyone who had fought and or supported our great Democracy. So, now that I had taken you the long way around the barn, does one have to be an IT guy to volunteer as a pollster? Should that be the case please disregard this message.

David

[Editor: Please click the links in the story to be taken to the website for more information.]

44. Judy Wright September 17, 2022 at 2:40 pm - Reply

I would like to do poll work.
    I am a retired RN.
    Would work in Limestone County,
    Texad

• Judy Wright September 17, 2022 at 2:42 pm - Reply

I am a RN retired, would work in Limestone County, Texas

45. John Eation September 17, 2022 at 1:11 am - Reply

i did not see how to sign up?

46. Ron Dornetta September 16, 2022 at 9:50 pm - Reply

I’m ready

47. Charles David Wilson September 16, 2022 at 8:58 pm - Reply

My wife Karen and I need to work together. She has worked as a poll worker before on several elections in Manatee County, Florida
    I filled out the application a couple of days ago but when it came to signing my name the app didn’t allow me to enter it.
    I am awaiting your response.
    C. David Wilson

48. Jerry C Sumral September 16, 2022 at 6:20 pm - Reply

$150.00 a day from 06:30 AM to 21:00 (9:00 PM) is a 15.5-hour day that equals $9.67 an hour, which is not a very good wage.

49. Ben Heller September 16, 2022 at 4:05 pm - Reply

I’d like to help but it looks like the sign-up link is broken. Is this just a hiccup or has it changed?

[Editor: Just checked again. All of the multiple links in this story work fine.]

50. Maryn McBride September 16, 2022 at 3:40 pm - Reply

Steve Postier (and other posters) make a valid point …. there should be some kind of FAQ *or* links to other resources. One of the things I found was this website https://www.eac.gov/voters/become-poll-worker (copy & paste into your browser). It will not be able to tell you about VA compensation/SSI but it *does* have a clickable link “Become a Poll Worker” and you can search by State and then county. Many of the questions are NOT answerable here because every single state {and even counties within the states} are different in terms of payment, hours, and training.

[Editor: Vet the Vote has an FAQs section on its website that address most of the questions being asked here. For the VA questions: Veterans who are SC-rated 100% have no limits on income; but those rated for IU mustn’t breach a yearly wage threshold; and those with a non-SC pension similarly have a yearly threshold. These last two situations should contact the VA help desk for a specific answer on their personal situations.]

51. Joel Goulette September 16, 2022 at 3:36 pm - Reply

Is this in the queen Creek Az area or would I need to drive to Phoenix??

52. Steve Postier September 16, 2022 at 1:42 pm - Reply

There are a lot of pertinent questions, it would be very helpful if you would post answers to as many of these questions as possible. The questions are the same for many of us who are thinking of being a poll worker, but not answering the questions is not helpful at all.

53. Larry Moore September 16, 2022 at 1:22 pm - Reply

I’m a multi-branch veteran and would like more information in helping. I live in Lost City, Ok (Cherokee County).

• Martha L Lynn September 16, 2022 at 2:37 pm - Reply

I’m interested, what is required of me to be a poll worker. Where and when do I receive training

54. Jack Pena September 16, 2022 at 1:15 pm - Reply

So, if I am 100% IU and collecting SSDI, can I still work this poll worker job and not get penalized?

55. Robert Donnelly September 16, 2022 at 1:07 pm - Reply

I am very interested in this type of work. Please send me all relevant information.

56. David McNamara September 16, 2022 at 1:07 pm - Reply

I am interested in being a poll worker in the Mashpee, (Barnstable County) MA area. Would like additional info. ie: dates, times, hours, location, etc

57. Robert J. Candalino September 16, 2022 at 12:05 pm - Reply

Please send me sign up information.6

58. Robert J. c September 16, 2022 at 12:03 pm - Reply

I would be interested in this type of work. Please send me relevant information.

• Brian Hope September 18, 2022 at 11:18 am - Reply

I’m interested in being a poll
      Worker. I’m a US Navy veteran

59. Richard Gaede September 16, 2022 at 11:42 am - Reply

The application discrimination against Senior citizens…
    The DOB field won’t go back further than 1972…I was born 1957…
    Are you purposely keeping senior’s from applying for the “Vet the Vote” ???

• Dale September 18, 2022 at 9:18 pm - Reply

I was born in 57 also. I just manually put in my birthday and it took it.

60. Paulette Williams September 16, 2022 at 11:18 am - Reply

I am interested . I reside in Montgomery County, PA

61. Albert A Kates September 16, 2022 at 10:05 am - Reply

try to sign up would not take cell phone number

62. Ken Brady September 16, 2022 at 10:03 am - Reply

Where and when does training start?
    San Jose, CA 95135

• Ken Brady September 17, 2022 at 1:17 pm - Reply

Would like to know Where and When.
      Thanks

63. Doug Irvin September 16, 2022 at 8:38 am - Reply

There is no mention as to the duration of the day, or if shifts of shorter times are available. polls are generally open for 12 hour days. I can’t and won’t work those hours

• Dale September 18, 2022 at 9:20 pm - Reply

The website states ‘report about 0445 and work until 2100 hrs.’ If you don’t want to work those hours, then don’t sign up.

64. tim pickett September 16, 2022 at 8:31 am - Reply

This is a joke, can’t fill out application

65. Daniel Hollingsworth September 16, 2022 at 8:29 am - Reply

If I choose to sign up to be a Poll Worker, will I be stationed at the Poll Station where I vote at?

66. Samuel Pierson September 16, 2022 at 6:23 am - Reply

Would like to know more about being a poll worker I’ve done it before

• ) September 19, 2022 at 5:12 am - Reply

Send me an application Wayne dhusom

67. Darrell Byndum September 16, 2022 at 5:58 am - Reply

I would love to work on the polls this coming election! Please contact me with the details.

68. William Simmons September 16, 2022 at 5:03 am - Reply

I’m in Essex county

69. William Simmons September 16, 2022 at 4:59 am - Reply

I’m interested

70. Lester Chang September 15, 2022 at 11:33 pm - Reply

In New York City, poll worker makes $250/day, but works at least 16 hours on general or primary election day. For early voting days, maximum is 10 hours, for the same $250/day.

71. Bruce Berezansky September 15, 2022 at 9:19 pm - Reply

If I’m 7O% tdiu can I work as a poll worker for one day without jeopardizing my rating.(individual unemployability)
    I cannot physically and mentally work a regular job but would like to contribute to our nations sustaining democracy!

72. Wayne Carothers September 15, 2022 at 6:59 pm - Reply

I’m ready to apply

73. James Dimoff September 15, 2022 at 6:52 pm - Reply

I was unable to finalize filling out the application. The sign in did not accept my email.name, pass word not allowed. I am very interested in working the mid term election. CAN YOU HELP me

Many thanks,
    Jim Dimoff

74. Herman davidovic September 15, 2022 at 5:37 pm - Reply

I’m in open all times

75. Robert H Corey September 15, 2022 at 5:28 pm - Reply

I am interest in becoming a poll worker.

76. John w. Bartlett September 15, 2022 at 4:54 pm - Reply

How does this opportunity affect those of us Vets on Unemployability?

Also, we need to know specifics on States, counties, days, hours, shifts, etc.

Some of us have age and medical conditions but want to help save our elections and Country.
    JohnB

77. James M Stanzak Sr September 15, 2022 at 4:42 pm - Reply

I am available to work at the polling station, as much as needed. That includes working multiple and conservative days.
    I am rated 100 % disabled, but I do not have any physical limitations with only one exception, I use a wheelchair.. I can be contacted by phone

78. Harold Sanderson September 15, 2022 at 4:17 pm - Reply

I am very interested in being a Poll person for up coming Elections

79. Weldon Douglas Greig September 15, 2022 at 4:14 pm - Reply

I am a veteran, but does the information on $150 a day apply for voter poll workers in the state of Oregon since the state is vote-by-mail? In other words are there jobs for vets that can be found since it may not require paperwork at the polls in this state where I live?

80. Ed Melcher September 15, 2022 at 3:38 pm - Reply

I am interested in being a poll worker

81. Dennis Hineman September 15, 2022 at 2:33 pm - Reply

I would like to help as a poll worker. I just need the dates I would be needed.

82. Dorian Hannah September 15, 2022 at 2:16 pm - Reply

i’m interested. but have questions. My bashful wife may be interested, too, but wants to think about it. Questions: When, Where, and How. note: I have a bad back and unable to stand in-place for more than a few minutes.

83. Arnold Raimondo September 15, 2022 at 2:12 pm - Reply

I’m a VietNam veteran with no political affiliation. I would very much like to be a poll worker. I am 72 years old.

84. Freddy Wilson September 15, 2022 at 2:06 pm - Reply

How many hours of training do we do ?
    How many hours a day do we work and train ?

85. Wayne Carothers September 15, 2022 at 1:32 pm - Reply

I would like to apply for this position

86. Wayne Carothers September 15, 2022 at 1:31 pm - Reply

I would like to apply for poll worker

87. Joseph Harris September 15, 2022 at 1:23 pm - Reply

Can you be a poll worker as a 100% disabled veteran

88. Wayne Carothers September 15, 2022 at 1:14 pm - Reply

I can do this ??

89. donald woodgeard September 15, 2022 at 1:06 pm - Reply

could help in little river

90. Jerry Pollitt September 15, 2022 at 12:39 pm - Reply

Does your earnings effect your VA benefit in any way?

91. Jerry Bindner September 15, 2022 at 12:31 pm - Reply

Yes, My wife and I would be glad to become poll workers. Below is my name and email.

92. Roger Hubert September 15, 2022 at 12:21 pm - Reply

Are there opportunities to work the mid term election in Wilson County, Floresville, Texas?

93. Ronald D. Morrow Jr. September 15, 2022 at 12:16 pm - Reply

I would be proud to kelp.

94. Freberia September 15, 2022 at 12:14 pm - Reply

Hello. My wife and I have to work together, is there a problem?

95. Don Ward September 15, 2022 at 12:07 pm - Reply

I could sure use the pay

96. Gregory Coffman September 15, 2022 at 11:49 am - Reply

A couple of questions/concerns that are not covered in this article. First, there is no time frame on when and how long this will last. The second is, how does this affect the veterans who are 100% disabled when it comes to making the $100-$150 a day. There are so many unanswered questions that come to mind when looking into this. There needs to be a better job description so we have a better understanding on the job itself.

• john j friscia September 16, 2022 at 7:42 pm - Reply

good question my concern as
      welli am 100%

97. Helen A Harrison September 15, 2022 at 11:40 am - Reply

Two of us would like to do the Winterville/Greenville area. We are not able to drive to Raleigh for the orientation. Is it possible to do a ride share with someone or train in the Pitt County area?

98. shelia donaldson September 15, 2022 at 11:33 am - Reply

How do I sign up to be a poll worker but I can’t stand up for no longer than 10 minutes

99. Linehan September 15, 2022 at 11:29 am - Reply

This is BS . That want to pay $100 (not 150) for 13 hrs

100. Burtis Hackett September 15, 2022 at 11:19 am - Reply

I am interested in being a poll worker

101. Milton J. Merrick September 15, 2022 at 10:54 am - Reply

Can any of this polling work be done by volunteers working from home?

102. Michael Shffner September 15, 2022 at 10:53 am - Reply

My wife and I would be willing to help, but we need to know what days will be needed to participate?.

103. Emanuel Alexander September 15, 2022 at 10:52 am - Reply

Can I be a poll worker if I’m growing my social security I’m a retired veteran also. Will it effect my social security. Pls advise

104. Sandra September 15, 2022 at 10:48 am - Reply

Hi am a spouse of a Vet can I apply.Also do you try and place us close to our homes?

Sandra

105. John Fraizer September 15, 2022 at 10:47 am - Reply

I will be more than happy to help, I constantly worry about the fact that the silent majority of people are never heard or consulted.

106. Saundra Martin September 15, 2022 at 10:36 am - Reply

I am interested in poll working, I am an former poll worker. ( 2019 ). SE Washington.

107. judith beasley September 15, 2022 at 10:21 am - Reply

Do you choose where to work?//

108. Dennis Roberson September 15, 2022 at 10:17 am - Reply

I’m interested in doing this

109. Anthony ysidron September 15, 2022 at 9:41 am - Reply

How many hours and a $150 A-day

110. Diane meek September 15, 2022 at 9:01 am - Reply

I live in clay county can I still do this work?

111. steve w anderson September 15, 2022 at 8:55 am - Reply

i am a veteran, retired, and would like to help but i have throat cancer and cannot speak. would i still be considered as an election worker?

112. Richard Quintana September 15, 2022 at 8:48 am - Reply

CALL ME IN ORDER THAT I MAY HELP.

113. Gary J Crowley September 15, 2022 at 8:32 am - Reply

I will LOVE to be Poll worker

114. johnson September 15, 2022 at 8:31 am - Reply

excellent, Sign me up elections must b`e Fair

115. Phil Sensabaugh September 15, 2022 at 8:30 am - Reply

What States and counties are available?

116. Charles Marvin Johnson September 15, 2022 at 8:29 am - Reply

Charles M. Johnson. Vietnam Vet….Retired Looking to work with you….

[Editor: Please do not publish you personal or sensitive information on the internet. I have removed it from this comment.]

117. David Parsons September 15, 2022 at 8:28 am - Reply

Where do you need poll workers at?? Grand rapids and surrounding townships all seem to be full no help needed… ??

118. Tom Dean September 15, 2022 at 8:23 am - Reply

How does this effect the vet if they are 100% disabled and getting ssi. Will it be taxed as income

119. Lori September 15, 2022 at 7:38 am - Reply

This article does not make any sense and is incorrect. Poll Watchers are volunteers who represent a political party or a candidate on the ballot. Poll wathcers Do Not get paid and are Partisan. Election Judges are paid and are trained through a person’s local county. Election Judges are also partisan. There must be a Democrat and a Republican Election Judge at every voting location.

120. Robert Hicks September 15, 2022 at 7:21 am - Reply

I would like to help.

121. Kenneth. Suffern Sr September 15, 2022 at 7:14 am - Reply

I am available

122. john king September 15, 2022 at 6:09 am - Reply

Please advise as to what areas are in need. I live in Quincy.

123. Peggy Hale September 15, 2022 at 5:08 am - Reply

My husband is a Veteran. I would be interested in becoming a poll worker.

124. Jose E. Garcia September 15, 2022 at 4:39 am - Reply

I like to work as a Pol worjer

125. Frank Lamb September 15, 2022 at 3:16 am - Reply

This blurb doesn’t tell how to make contact to sign up for polling work

126. John Wethington September 15, 2022 at 2:23 am - Reply

Where are we needed?? I live in Indianapolis

127. Mark Francis Everett September 15, 2022 at 1:31 am - Reply

Would like to be a poll worker but have speech problems. Can be understood but have to talk slowly.

128. Bill P September 15, 2022 at 1:31 am - Reply

Is it just a one day thing, that you get paid for? Example: The Nov elections, would I be paid for one day, or is there a set-up day and tear-down day, making it three days at $150 per day?

129. Sheila Rogers September 15, 2022 at 1:12 am - Reply

It didn’t allow me to fill out the application.

130. Linda L Pegg September 15, 2022 at 1:05 am - Reply

I am interested in being a poll worker.

131. Oscar Medina September 15, 2022 at 1:04 am - Reply

I would like to do what is needed

132. Daymon King September 15, 2022 at 12:38 am - Reply

I would be willing to help out.

133. Ronald Rozewski September 15, 2022 at 12:29 am - Reply

Is pay taxable income?

134. ERAN MANGUBAT September 15, 2022 at 12:21 am - Reply

I’d like to apply as poll worker. I have 39 years experience in law enforcement. Thanks in advance in anticipation of your kind reply.

135. ROBERT LAWRENCE September 15, 2022 at 12:00 am - Reply

I,D LOVE TO BE A POLL WORKER BUT I DON,T THINK IT WOULD BE WORTH THE TRIP FROM HOUSTON!

136. Antonio Garza jr. September 14, 2022 at 11:49 pm - Reply

I’m interested

137. russargent@aol.com September 14, 2022 at 11:46 pm - Reply

This would be after dark so better judgement says “no Thanks” but is tempting
    Russ

138. Larry Greseth September 14, 2022 at 11:38 pm - Reply

As a military veteran, I would be honored to help out in any capacity in the midterm election cycle with Vet the Vote

139. Irene E. Peters September 14, 2022 at 11:31 pm - Reply

I am a daughter of a Marine veteran (now deceased) with 37 years as an active member of the VFW Auxiliary of Virginia. I would consider it an honor and duty to serve as a poll worker for the upcoming mid-term elections and beyond.

Please let me know how and who to contact to sign up.

140. Gilbert Martinez September 14, 2022 at 11:11 pm - Reply

I was a poll worker in Lawton, OK for almost 2 years but I only received $7.25 per hour and received a total of $87. I had to be there 30 minutes early and stay, after the polls closed, from one to two hours. No extra pay for the extra time.

141. Terry W Morgan September 14, 2022 at 10:49 pm - Reply

I worked the polls previously

142. Larry j Pierce September 14, 2022 at 10:36 pm - Reply

Larry Pierce (Marine)

143. Kenny Park September 14, 2022 at 10:36 pm - Reply

I would like to join the team.

144. Keith Mobley September 14, 2022 at 10:36 pm - Reply

Poll watchers needed in
    Oregon?

145. Tim September 14, 2022 at 10:34 pm - Reply

I am 73 in Salem Oregon. What is the average hours per shift. Don’t laugh…?

146. David Humphries September 14, 2022 at 10:28 pm - Reply

I would like to participate with the economy the way it is.Grandkids wanting Christmas!

147. James W Armstrong September 14, 2022 at 10:17 pm - Reply

It would be nice to know what the hours will be before agreeing to volunteer.

148. Brenda September 14, 2022 at 10:06 pm - Reply

Can Veterans spouses volunteer to work the polls.

Brenda.

149. Donna Armstrong September 14, 2022 at 10:05 pm - Reply

I’ve been trained

150. Michael Neto September 14, 2022 at 10:02 pm - Reply

Want be poll workers my zip code 92211

151. Michael Neto September 14, 2022 at 10:00 pm - Reply

I like be a poll worker

152. Kevin Pitts September 14, 2022 at 9:59 pm - Reply

Send me more information

153. Kevin Pitts September 14, 2022 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Looking forward to help

154. Jose A. Valdez September 14, 2022 at 9:57 pm - Reply

That is a good idea and a good thing for veterans. How do I apply?

155. Nick Zahn September 14, 2022 at 9:53 pm - Reply

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN BEING A POLL WORKER… AM AVAILABLE 4 – 5 DAYS A WK. KINDLY REACH OUT TO ME AND LET ME KNOW WHEN I WILL BE NEEDED… I RESIDE IN LOWER EAST BALTO. CO.

156. James Hornsby September 14, 2022 at 9:48 pm - Reply

Will there be any part time hours available?

157. Antonio Alvarez September 14, 2022 at 9:43 pm - Reply

What days are training what days needed for the polls

158. Terry Wilcox September 14, 2022 at 9:32 pm - Reply

Nowhere in this communique are the requirements for the Poll Worker. Must wear a mask? Must be Vaccinated? Boosted – Double Boosted? Restricted clothing (Vietnam VET, Desert Storm VET … etc. )?

159. Joseph Coglianese September 14, 2022 at 9:30 pm - Reply

your website won’t let me sign up

160. Eduardo Resto September 14, 2022 at 9:21 pm - Reply

Count me in

161. Leslie September 14, 2022 at 8:58 pm - Reply

Hello,
    If we are receiving a non-service-connected pension the VA takes a penny for every penny earned.
    If we sign up for this, does the pay need to be reported as well? I’m scared it will mess up what little pension I do get.
    Thank you.

162. Eric Bannister September 14, 2022 at 8:57 pm - Reply

I would like to leave a comment but I won’t at this time.

163. Jeff Adler September 14, 2022 at 8:57 pm - Reply

In which states?

164. Daniel Wagner September 14, 2022 at 8:48 pm - Reply

I live in Billings Mt and have never worked at the polls and would love to help keep our elections fair.

165. Edward Roush September 14, 2022 at 8:46 pm - Reply

I wish they would describe the length of the poll worker job. Like is it 8-5, 12 hrs long, on 4, lunch 1, on 4; that sort of detail

166. Greg Robertson September 14, 2022 at 8:44 pm - Reply

Question: How much standing is required to be a poll worker? As a disabled veteran, I cannot stand for a great deal of time. I will need intermittent breaks to rest my back.

167. Jessica Mitchell September 14, 2022 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Does this affect a veterans disability income and/or social security disability benefits and payments?

168. Samuel Downey September 14, 2022 at 8:29 pm - Reply

My wife and i would like to know more about this we live in Pierce County Washington.

169. Michael P. Christie September 14, 2022 at 8:28 pm - Reply

Registered with Williamson County Texas

170. Paul Piper September 14, 2022 at 8:27 pm - Reply

Thanks looking forward, thanks I do not have a cell phone. My number is a land line

171. Terry Harper September 14, 2022 at 8:27 pm - Reply

I am a disabled vet, I receive a veterans pension each month of $1229.00, and have been receiving this pension since 2006.
    I am able to stand and walk around for a day or two, I could really use the money, but I’m not allowed to earn extra money while receiving this pension without penalty, will pensioned veterans be waived if they can volunteer for a day or two of this light work??

172. norman binder September 14, 2022 at 8:15 pm - Reply

I thought a list of locations would be posted. Driving could be an issue otherwise I’d like to help.

173. Arthur L Wheeler September 14, 2022 at 8:06 pm - Reply

Interested in Poll
    watching

174. Grantland Rice September 14, 2022 at 7:56 pm - Reply

How or will this affect veterans that are 100% disabled and unemployable, will this count against them if they become poll workers?

175. jim wright September 14, 2022 at 7:48 pm - Reply

im interested in working on election day

176. john ketz September 14, 2022 at 7:40 pm - Reply

I am interested but my income levels may cause a medicare increase—-is there a way the income could be held and paid in 2023?

177. leonard hollis September 14, 2022 at 7:38 pm - Reply

what if you have already vol

178. Joe McAnally September 14, 2022 at 7:38 pm