Each year the VA’s National Veterans Outreach Office, in conjunction with the Veterans Day National Committee, publishes a commemorative Veterans Day poster. The poster is selected from artwork submitted by artists nationwide and is distributed to VA facilities, military installations around the world across cities and town in our nation. It also serves as the cover of the official program for the Veterans Day Observance at Arlington National Cemetery.
Over the years these posters have illustrated the rich history of our country’s service men and women. The poster clearly reflects our pride and patriotism in saluting Veterans while providing the thematic artistry for the year.
Poster guidelines, submissions must:
- Be 18” x 24” at 300 dots per inch, scale down submissions to 9”x12.”
- Submissions are not restricted to “human centric” presentations, such as a joint color guard. Imagery of American icons, monuments or scenery can qualify, for example, the American flag.
- Represent Veterans from all branches of service. The Committee may select a particular submission but ask the artist to make modifications to the original design. Additional changes may be required prior to printing.
- Reflect the diversity of our Veteran and military population in terms of race, gender and disability status.
- Include sufficient information to demonstrate that the image is the work of the artist and is not copyrighted material (i.e. photos and concepts).
Submit electronic versions as .jpg images or PDF files by email to email@example.com or send copies of artwork on a CD with artwork files to:
Veterans Day National Committee
Department of Veterans Affairs
ATTN: Micheal Migliara (002D)
810 Vermont Avenue,
NW Washington, DC 20420
The deadline for submissions is April 15. A selection committee will convene in May 2017 to review submissions and make a final selection.
Questions should be directed to the Veterans Day Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more online by clicking here.