On August 15, the National Veteran Small Business Conference will kick off in New Orleans. The conference, a four day joint effort by VA and the Veteran Federal Interagency Council, is designed to help Veteran-owned businesses win federal contracts and provide a space for Vets to learn more about small business operations and networking and marketing. Click below for a few of the topics that will be covered during the conference.
- The Veterans Affairs small business verification process
- Acquisition forecasts for Veterans Affairs, Army, Navy and other federal agencies and departments
- Benefits of Veteran hiring
- State-level contracting opportunities
- GSA and VA schedules
- Contracting legal requirements
- Information on subcontracting partnerships
I’ll be on the ground to cover the event and help provide the same valuable information to those who couldn’t attend. But if you’re heading down to the Big Easy for the conference next week, be sure to stop me and say hello.