Calling all artists! The 2018 National Veterans Day Poster Contest is underway. Each year the Veterans Day National Committee publishes a commemorative Veterans Day poster. The poster is selected from artwork submitted by artists nationwide and is distributed to VA facilities, military installations around the world across cities and town in our nation. It also serves as the cover of the official program for the Veterans Day Observance at Arlington National Cemetery.
Over the years these posters have illustrated the rich history of our country’s service men and women. The poster clearly reflects our pride and patriotism in saluting Veterans while providing the thematic artistry for the year.
2018 marks the Centennial Commemoration of the end of World War I on November 11, 1918. The theme for the 2018 Veterans Day Poster is: “The War to End All Wars”.
The origin of Veterans Day came from Armistice Day.
Poster guidelines, submissions must:
- Be 18” x 24” at 300 dots per inch, scale down submissions to 9”x12.”
- Submissions are not restricted to “human centric” presentations, such as a joint color guard. Imagery of American icons, monuments or scenery can qualify, for example, the American flag.
- Representative of the Veterans serving during World War I. The Committee may select a particular submission but ask the artist to make modifications to the original design. Additional changes may be required prior to printing.
- Include sufficient information to demonstrate that the image is the work of the artist and is not copyrighted material (i.e. photos and concepts).
- To view examples of past winning submissions visit: http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/gallery.asp.
Submit electronic versions as jpg images or PDF files by email to email@example.com or send copies of artwork on a CD with artwork files to:
Veterans Day National Committee (002D)
Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20420
To view examples of past winning submissions visit http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/gallery.asp.
The deadline for submissions is 1 April, 2018. The Veterans Day National Committee will convene a selection sub-committee in May 2018 to review submissions and make a final selection.
Questions? – contact the Veterans Day Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.