Are you a community provider whose Veteran patients are concerned about military exposure to Agent Orange?
Join us on Jan. 28 at 1 p.m. ET for a special webinar on Agent Orange: What You Need to Know to Care for Vietnam-Era Veterans.
Agent Orange was a tactical herbicide used by the U.S. military to clear leaves and vegetation for military operations, mainly during the Vietnam War. Veterans exposed to Agent Orange may have developed certain exposure-related illnesses.
These include certain cancers, like Diabetes mellitus type 2, Chloracne, Ischemic heart disease and Parkinson’s disease.
Join Drs. Michelle Robertson and Susan. L. Santos along with Paulette Fr. Brower with VA’s War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC) who will discuss what providers need to know about Agent Orange:
- Review Agent Orange exposure and why it causes health problems.
- Discuss which Vietnam era Veterans were exposed to Agent Orange.
- Define presumptions of Agent Orange exposure and why we use them.
- Review the current health conditions related to Agent Orange exposure and treatments available.
TITLE: Agent Orange: What You Need to Know to Care for Vietnam Era Veterans
WHEN: Jan. 28 at 1 p.m. ET
WHO: All community providers, and interested VA providers
WHERE: Register through VHA TRAIN (must have a VHA TRAIN account first)
- Michelle W. Robertson, MD, MPH, Occupational and Environmental Physician, War Related Illness & Injury Study Center/VA New Jersey Health Care System East Orange, NJ.
- Susan L. Santos, PhD, MS, Director, Education & Risk Communication, War Related Illness & Injury Study Center/VA New Jersey Health Care System East Orange, NJ.
- Paulette F. Brower, LPC, NBCC, MBA, Program Analyst-Education, War Related Illness & Injury Study Center/VA New Jersey Health Care System East Orange, NJ.
- AAPA: CME Credits
- AACME – Non-Physician AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
- ACPE – Contact Hours/Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Credits
- ANCC: Contact Hours Continuing Nursing Education
- APA: Continuing Education Credit
- ASWB: Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education (JA IPCE)
- NYSED SW: Continuing Education Clock Hours
Register here: VHA TRAIN
Barbara Plantt is an outreach coordinator for the VHA Office of Community Care.