Our recruiters have traveled to events all over the country the last few months looking for top talent to join our ranks, but we’re not done yet! Members of our team will be attending two upcoming events to offer you an opportunity to learn about what it’s like to work at VA.
In September, we’ll be attending events with:
Mental health matters
From Sept. 17 ‒ 20, 2022, you can meet members of our team at the U.S. Psych Congress in New Orleans. Focused on comprehensive psychopharmacology education, state-of-the-art treatment approaches and emerging research findings, this event is the premier opportunity to connect members of the entire patient care team with the foremost experts in psychiatry.
You can register for the U.S. Psych Congress here.
The future of family medicine
The AAFP will gather in Washington, D.C., from Sept. 20 ‒ 23, 2022, to participate in the Family Medicine Experience, and VA will be there too.
The Family Medicine Experience provides resources to help physicians enhance their delivery of care and gatherings with peers and solution providers to advance the specialty of family medicine.
This will also be a wonderful opportunity to learn about our VA family and consider a career serving Veterans. You can register for this event here.
On Sept. 21, our team will join CareerMD for a career fair at the Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, in Sacramento, California.
Physicians, residents and fellows are encouraged to stop by the venue to enjoy dinner and collect information about exciting career opportunities.
You can learn more and register for this event here.
Because I CARE
At VA, our core values—integrity, commitment, advocacy, respect and excellence—define who we are as VA employees and how we fulfill our mission to care for Veterans. We feel these five ideals describe our culture and serve as the foundation for the way we interact with our Veterans and our fellow employees.
- Integrity: We choose to act with the highest professional standards and maintain the trust of all with whom we engage.
- Commitment: We work diligently to serve Veterans and are driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission.
- Advocacy: We are truly Veteran-centric, as we work to identify, consider and advance the interests of Veterans.
- Respect: We treat all those we serve and with whom we work with dignity and respect, because we believe you must show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest quality and value continuous improvement.
Together, these values provide a measure for the standards expected of all VA employees, reminding everyone that “I CARE.”
- I care about those who have served.
- I care about my fellow VA employees.
- I care about choosing “the harder right instead of the easier wrong.”
- I care about performing my duties to the best of my abilities.
Work at VA
Are you ready to take the first step toward a rewarding VA career? Join our recruiters at these upcoming events.