The annual VHA Innovation Experience (iEX) conference returns Oct. 25-27, 2022, to provide Veterans and the public a unique opportunity to experience and celebrate how VHA innovation, collaboration and technology are “Reimagining Veterans’ Health Care.”
iEX aims to reimagine how we care for Veterans using cutting-edge innovation, digital health solutions and novel care delivery models. This year’s theme is “Reimagining Veterans Healthcare.” This emphasizes solutions that improve access, effectiveness, efficiency, experience and equity of health care delivered within the largest health care system in the U.S. and beyond.
Here are some of this year’s iEX agenda highlights.
VHA Shark Tank competition
The VHA Shark Tank competition provides employees passionate about solving health care challenges with a platform to bring their innovations to life. Shark Tank Finalists pitch their practices during iEX, as part of the annual VHA Shark Tank competition. This event demonstrates VHA’s leadership in harnessing the power of innovation to improve Veteran health care.
In these TED-style talks, VHA innovators showcase emerging health care solutions, technologies and ideas. These talks ultimately support the exchange of best practices across VHA, industry and the broader health care system for more meaningful partnerships.
This year’s talks feature the latest from VHA’s Extended Reality Network, thought leadership on health care informatics, and advances in point-of-care biomanufacturing.
This year, VHA is introducing a new series designed to celebrate emerging innovations across VHA: Innovation Stories. iEX will feature three types of innovation stories:
- Innovation experiences: Featuring stories in which frontline employees supported by VHA Innovators Network’s (iNET) Spark-Seed-Spread Innovation Investment and Accelerator Program tell you the story of their journey from employee to innovator
- Innovation exhibition: Showcasing Office of Healthcare Innovation and Learning as well as National Centers for Innovation to Impact staff’s progress on their programs
- Innovation demos: Sharing a selection of last year’s Breaking Boundaries Collaboration Challenge winners and their iNET counterparts as they deliver live demonstrations on the progress of their collaborative innovations
In these moderator-led panels, experts in Veteran care, medicine, technology and innovation will speak on a series of topics focused on the next generation of Veteran health care. Panel topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Care Delivery Models of the Future
- Innovation in Mental Health
- Veterans Affairs as a Connector
- Implementation of Innovation
Click here to register. Explore iEX to experience the health care system of tomorrow through the lens of the innovators who are changing it. We are excited to showcase the impact VHA’s innovative solutions are having on Veterans, their families, and VA employees nationwide.
Want to support VHA IE’s innovation revolution? Visit our website to learn about opportunities to become involved in innovation at VA.