Episode nine brings us Marine Veteran Justin Blazejewski.
Justin’s introduction to yoga began in 2007 while he was searching for different exercises that would help with a back injury he sustained while serving. Soon after his first class he dove into a daily yoga practice, quickly realizing the physical benefits of yoga when his back pain began to disappear after only a couple of weeks.
Justin was in his 4th year of monthly travel to Afghanistan and Iraq as a government contractor when he devoted himself to a daily yoga practice. Over the last 10 years he served as a communication engineer with a total of 41 temporary duty assignments. After years of constant travel, Justin realized the effects of the war zone were taking their toll, but he also noticed how the benefits of yoga were offsetting these effects.
Covered in Episode Nine:
- Pearl Harbor story by Navy Vet Sterling Cale
- Interview with Marine Veteran Justin Blazejewski
- Justin’s decision to join the military.
- Sustaining injuries overseas
- Being introduced to yoga and healing arts
- Justin’s goal to teach yoga to Veterans
- Advice on how to maintain your own practice
- Discover yoga at your VA facility
- #VeteranOfTheDay Marine Veteran Sean Tuckey
The #VApodcast is now available in iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Spotify. Search “Borne the Battle” in your podcast app of choice to subscribe.