LinkedIn offers Veterans, VA caregivers, and Fry Scholars a free 1-year premium career subscription, including one year of access to LinkedIn Learning.
Get LinkedIn Premium
The one year free upgrade to premium includes an incredibly valuable resource – a library of over 14,000 business, technical, and creative courses on LinkedIn Learning. This means that courses on software development, graphic design, leadership, data science, photography, and more are all available to eligible Veterans. Almost every professional skill has a course on LinkedIn Learning.
Veterans can use LinkedIn Learning to take more than 14,000 courses
LinkedIn Premium also includes features such as InMail, seeing more profiles when you search, access to premium search filters, ability to view expanded profiles, and more. These are great for finding new career opportunities or developing new business leads.
Specifically for the Veteran community, LinkedIn has created two learning paths.
- Transition from Military to Civilian Employment: This learning path will help you navigate your job search, helping you build your professional identity, prepare for interviews, negotiate salary, and even get promoted once you’ve been hired.
- Transition from Military to Student Life: Covering everything from ACT/SAT/GRE test prep to essay writing, study skills, time management tips, and how to land an internship, this learning path should set you on a course to success – graduation and beyond.
To make the most of LinkedIn, use these resources:
- LinkedIn for Veterans: This course provides a “LinkedIn 101” tutorial for everything from selecting and uploading the right picture to searching and applying for jobs.
- Translating Your Military Skills to Civilian Employment: This course will help you understand the civilian hiring process and empower you to demonstrate your best self to potential employers.
- Finding Your Purpose After Active Duty: This course is all about the intangibles of transition – understanding your value to civilian employers, dealing with the uncertainty of transition, and wrestling with some of the challenges inherent in this process.
Get LinkedIn Premium
Disclaimer: The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products or services on the part of the VA.