If you’re looking for easy, convenient ways to help boost your health, you might want to check out the many free mobile apps available to Veterans.
The apps are either from VA directly or from third-party developers whose Veteran-facing apps go through VA quality checks for efficacy, security and safety.
Check out all the apps available to you. They’re free, optional and secure.
Mobile apps developed by VA directly include apps for:
- COVID and mental health support
- PTSD support
- Help to stop smoking and drinking
- Insomnia relief
- Whole health skills and tips to boost your health
- Requesting prescription refills
- Scheduling VA appointments online
- VA Video Connect for connecting to telehealth appointments
Apps from third-party developers, such as Apple and others, can also help Veterans manage their health care:
- Personal health care management
- Scheduling appointments
- Tracking medications
- Being aware of clinical trial opportunities
- Easily and securely connecting to VA health records
While VA doesn’t formally “endorse” these apps, our OIT specialists and quality control experts have conducted thorough efficacy, security and safety testing on every app featured, and Veteran responses are positive.
Whether you are at home, at work, or on the go, you can securely access resources to help you manage your health outcomes from your Android or iOS devices.
As the nation’s largest health care system, VA takes pride in delivering quality services to our nation’s Veterans. Whether it’s from VA-developed mobile apps or third-party developers and creators using VA’s Office of Information and Technology’s Lighthouse API platform, mobile apps for Veterans are yet another example of how VA continues to prioritize innovative IT and digital solutions to enhance Veterans’ experiences.