Nurse managers are leaders in providing care to the diverse population of Veterans we see every day at VA. Right now, nurse managers are one of the most critically needed team members at the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
You already know that a nursing career at VA is fulfilling in ways that few other professions can offer, as our mission to serve and care for Veterans is the heart of our duty. However, by dedicating yourself to improving patient care and working at the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center, you’ll be able to take your career to the next level and lead a dedicated team in a state-of-the-art facility.
The charm of Clarksburg
Clarksburg and the surrounding communities are well regarded, a good place for anyone looking to keep the feel of a city intertwined with a country way of life, with plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities. It is a town full of heritage and cultural diversity, and one that offers a sense of home, where everyone knows their neighbors and you can feel like you fit right in.
Economically, Clarksburg offers a cost of living that is significantly lower than the national average in most areas and boasts a housing market that is broad but reasonably priced. If you’re considering relocating as part of your career path, Clarksburg has a lot to offer.
Benefits that matter
As a nurse manager at VA, you’ll have a balanced, flexible work environment and benefits focused on your unique needs.
- Unrestricted licensing and relocation. With an active U.S. nursing license, a move to Clarksburg couldn’t be easier, and you won’t typically lose any benefits, accumulated paid leave, or pay when you transfer from another VA facility. If the time comes when you choose to move on, you’ll be eligible to work at any of our 1,255 facilities across the nation and in some U.S. territories.
- Education and development. We offer ongoing leadership development through every level of employment, whether it is mandatory programs or competitive opportunities. All leadership programs align the organization around a set of core competencies that facilitate career development through continuous learning, coaching/mentoring and assessment.
- Competitive salaries. We offer our employees strong starting salaries based on education, training and experience. We also offer steady growth, with periodic pay raises that address inflation and local market changes.
- Flexible schedules. Our employees receive 13 to 26 paid vacation/personal days, as well as 13 sick days annually with no limit on accumulation, and we celebrate 11 paid federal holidays each year.
- Robust insurance options. You can choose from a variety of health maintenance organizations or fee-for-service health plans, and all cover preexisting conditions. Additionally, we pay up to 75% of health premiums, a benefit that can continue into retirement.
Work at VA
Live and work in an affordable, family-friendly community in the rolling hills of West Virginia at the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center.
NOTE: Positions listed in this post were open at the time of publication. All current available positions are listed at USAJobs.gov.