Women Veterans make up the fastest growing segment of the Veteran population, and VA is committed to providing them with the best health care. This week’s Benefits Breakdown features Kayla Williams, the Director of the Center for Women Veterans.

Kayla is an Army Veteran herself and was a military spouse when her husband was serving. She sat down with me to discuss the mission of CWV and the care and resources VA provides for our women Veterans.

For more information on CWV and health care for women, you can all the Women Veterans Call Center at 1-855-VA-WOMEN.

The #VApodcast is now available in iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and Spotify. Search “Borne the Battle” in your podcast app of choice to subscribe.

Published on Jan. 29, 2018

1. Kate Watson February 7, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Great job! Will seek to learn each of Kayla’s answers to be a great rep for VA Women Center. It takes a village!

2. Lillie February 7, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Very informative podcast. Great job Kayla!

• Missy Nelson February 7, 2018 at 3:00 pm
    • Verlean Brown February 10, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Please call 1-800-827-1000 to apply for VA benefits, disability and eligibility for other veteran programs. You can also contact your local or state Veterans Affairs Representative. Good Luck!

3. Lori A. Lepore February 6, 2018 at 2:04 pm

How do I apply for 100 percent disability. I was put out of work for major depression and am on Lithium which I am still very depressed. My doctor put me out on TDI but I can longer receive this as I have used all my time. I am still not ready to go to work as she put me out another 12 weeks not realizing that TDI runs out. I had never received care for over 35 years dealing with depression from an assault in the military and my life has been one big failure and a mess. I cannot ask my Doctor to lie and say I am capable of working without restrictions but need some kind of income and do not want to ask my doctor to lie and say i can work full time without restrictions. Do I contact my congressman to help me with this process as my whole life has been one big mess dealing with depression and all that goes along with it.?????? Please someone help me.

4. Lisa church February 3, 2018 at 9:01 pm

Great podcast. Thanks

• In the aftermath of Hurricanes Fiona and Ian, VA has benefits and resources for Veterans and families impacted by this natural disaster.

• In 2022, VA set a goal to house 38,000 homeless Veterans. With only a few months to go, how are we doing?

• Under the PACT Act, Vietnam era, Gulf War era, and Post-9/11 Veterans have extended eligibility for VA health care.