The Veterans Experience Office (VEO) will be recognized with the 2019 Service to Citizens Award for its work in prioritizing Veterans experience within the department. The award also highlighted VEO’s leadership across the federal government on the President’s Management Agenda (PMA) CAP Goal in partnership with the Office of Management and Budget and the General Services Administration.
“The Veterans Experience Office is my lead organization for achieving our customer service priority and provides the department a core customer experience capability,” Secretary Wilkie wrote in his testimony to the House Committee on Appropriations. “VEO offers four core customer experience capabilities, including real-time customer experience data, tangible customer experience tools, modern technology, and targeted engagement.”
SERVICE to the CITIZEN Awards will be recognized at an event on May 2nd.
The Service to the Citizen™ Champions of Change Program recognizes those public servants and their industry partners who demonstrate excellence in their delivery of services that impact the public. These awards represent many of the customer experience and citizen services accomplishments from the past year across the government, including goals defined by the President’s Management Agenda (PMA) Cross-Agency Priorities (CAP).
In addition to the Veterans Experience Office’s award, several VEO team members will be recognized, including:
- Dr. Lynda Davis – Chief Veterans Experience Officer
- Barbara Morton – Deputy Chief Veterans Experience Officer
- Denise Kitts – Executive Director of VEO’s Multi-Channel Technology
- Lee Becker – VEO Chief of Staff
- Anil Tilbe – Director of Enterprise Measurement & Design
- Erin Siminerio – Acting Lead, Office of Design
- Jennifer Purdy – Acting Executive Director of VA Patient Experience
- Maura Newell – White House Presidential Innovation Fellow
Other VA leaders who will also receive awards include:
- Dr. Paul R. Lawrence – Under Secretary for Benefits
- James Byrne – Acting Deputy Secretary of General Counsel
- Charles Worthington – Chief Technology Officer
“We’re very honored to be recognized for the many ways in which the Veterans Experience Offices is meeting the Secretary’s customer service mission of ensuring VA delivers the highest quality care, benefits, and services to our Veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors,” said Dr. Lynda Davis, VA’s Chief Veterans Experience Officer.