Want to set yourself up for success? VA’s Registered Nurse Transition-To-Practice (RNTTP) Residency Program is now accepting applications! Apply to this nursing residency program to help you seamlessly transition from the classroom to real-world experience.
Are you eligible to apply?
- First RN role and/or have less than one year of RN experience.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate state accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Diploma, associate, baccalaureate and/or master’s degree prepared entry into practice as a registered nurse.
- Current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Learn more about the program
- Evidence-based program to support transition into first RN position.
- Curriculum is based on the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education’s Standards for Accreditation of Entry-to-Practice Nurse Residency Programs.
- Comprehensive 12-month program to provide support for increasing competence and confidence.
- Includes didactic, simulation and experiential offerings to support development of competence and confidence.
- Preceptor to support transition from novice to advanced beginner RN.
Ready for the next step? Apply now for the RNTTP Residency Program.
Subscribe for more information
Stay updated on the RNTTP Residency Program by subscribing to our email list. We’ll send out important information through GovDelivery e-blasts.