Follow along with Beth Blair, RDN, to see how you can set yourself up for success by being SMART with the MOVE! weight management program.
MOVE’s core ideas are encouraging healthy eating, increasing physical activity, developing behavior change skills, and promoting even small weight losses with an easy-to-follow evidenced-based program.
If you’ve been thinking it may be a good idea to:
Then starting with a SMART goal is for you.
- Specific: There are specific actions to take to reach the goal.
- Measurable: You know how much to do and when the goal has been achieved.
- Action-oriented: You need to take action to achieve your goal(s).
- Realistic: The goal is practical, given your resources and time.
- Time-based: There is a specific time frame to achieve the goal.
It is a great idea to choose 1-2 SMART goals to start with as that will give us a chance to have a clear view of where we want to go and how to get there. Listen in to this episode as we walk through setting goals and how they can be a blueprint to help us be successful.
Beth Blair, RDN, LDN is a registered dietitian nutritionist at the Evansville Healthcare Center within the Marion VA Health Care System.